13.

The car halted behind a big white bungalow. Soyra asked him to leave her there, as she didn't want her parents to see her with him. A cold breeze engulfed her, as she left the car. Aditya joined her, stepping close to her, and towering her small figure, blocking her between him and the car. 

He kept staring at her serene face, which outshined the moon's glow. Her eyes danced between his, searching for the reason for his sudden approach. His cologne was making her crazy, tempting her to embrace him at that very moment, yet she fought against her inner turmoil. Memories of her past encounter with the drunkard flooded her mind, and she recalled how Aditya had come to her rescue, swiftly pulling her into a protective stance.

Her thoughts were interrupted by Aditya, who pulled her into his embrace, wrapping his biceps around her, and pulling her closer. She collided with his hard chest and heard his heavy heartbeats, which mirrored her own.

"You want to talk?" His hands went up to her hair, slightly patting her head. 

"Why did you stop me?" She whispered closing her eyes, giving in.

"If you had started the fight, I would have ended it, very badly" He answered back, stroking her hair. She didn't question him afterwards. Surrendering herself entirely, she clung to the embrace, fisting her arms behind his well-muscular back, losing track of time as the intrusive thoughts faded away.

"SOYRA" A familiar voice filled her ears, and she shuddered detaching herself from Aditya, to face the voice, and she least expected her father to interrupt. His face contorted with rage and disbelief as he witnessed his daughter entwined with him, the very person he despised, his nemesis in the business world- Aditya Malhotra. 

She was taken aback, her hands fisted the hem of her dress as she was terrified of the consequences she would face now. 

"Beech raste me kotha khol rakha hai tune? Battameez ladki aise gandi harkate karte huye sharam nahi aayi tuzhe? Yehi karne jati hai tu roz roz? " 

His voice thundered through the air, causing Soyra to recoil in fear. Meanwhile, Aditya was shocked to see him, a man whom he hated the most because of his dirty politics. His jaw clenched hearing him disrespect his daughter like that. He was about to answer her father back until Soyra spoke. 

"Baba-" She stuttered, trying to answer him.

 Her father rushed towards her, seizing her wrist, he forcefully separated her from Aditya's side, causing her to lose her balance and stumble to the ground. 

"Gaikwad, Leave. Her. Right. Now." Aditya's rageful voice barged in, demanding her father to leave her wrists. 

"You don't teach me what to do Aditya, mujhe iss jahil aurat ke sath kya karna hai kya nahi voh mai dekh lunga" Saying this he landed a tight slap across her face, making her wince in pain. 

This was the moment when Aditya lost his patience and stormed towards her father, his tightly clenched fists came in contact with Gaikwad's face, making a few drops of blood emerge from his cheekbone. His hold on Soyra's wrists loosened, giving her space to stand up.

"Aukat me reh, Gaikwad." Saying this, he held Soyra's other hand and pulled her closer in his embrace, with his one hand gripping her waist and the other hand in a fist, showing a finger of warning to her father. 

"How dare you, Aditya?" Her father straightened himself, with his one hand clasping his cheek, where Aditya had just punched him. His furious gaze shifted to Soyra, as he uttered hurtful words that pierced deep into her heart.

"Paida he nahi hoti toh acha hota, waise bhi bojh banke baithi thi tu"

"Aaj ke baad mere ghar ke darwaje tere liye band, marr gayi hai tu hamare liye" 

These were the last words her father said to her. He stormed out of the area, leaving a teary-eyed Soyra behind, in Aditya's embrace. She was traumatized, her father's words kept ringing in her head, making her weak. Somewhere, she felt good after getting kicked out of the house, as her parents never appreciated her presence and always treated her like a piece of shit. She never was attached to anyone in that house, cause they never treated her as their daughter.

"I'm sorry" As Aditya held her, he breathed in her ear.

"Don't be. He deserved it." She reciprocated his tone. 

After listening to those words from her mouth, he let out a sigh of relief, held her palm, took her towards the car, and seated themselves. She kept staring at the bungalow in front of her eyes, all the toxic memories of her childhood crept in, making her eyes watery. Bringing her knees close to her chest, she wrapped her arms around them and rested her head on top of it. 

Aditya, who was observing her every action, couldn't help but notice the sadness etched on her face and the weight of her troubles in her eyes. He made up his mind to rescue her from the clutches of her abusive father and provide her with a haven in his own home. Starting the engine, he heard a soft voice from her side. 

"Where are we going?" She let out a whisper, still gazing out of the window.

"Home" he replied, his eyes stuck on the road ahead. 

They reached the Malhotra mansion, he left his car along with Soyra. Holding her hand, he took her inside the gates, and stopped before the entrance, gazing at her one last time. Her eyes showed no expression. The shine he used to see in her eyes, was missing. He cursed her father internally, for letting her live like this. 

They both entered the mansion's main hall, hand in hand. Nobody was to be seen in the hall, taking advantage of the emptiness of the room, he pushed his hand under her knees, and the other on her waist, picking her up in bridal style. 

"Aditya koi dekh lega" She gasped at his sudden boldness, as her arms automatically wrapped over his neck, taking the support. He made his way upstairs, to his room. Pushing open the door, he entered his room and placed Soyra on the bed. She adjusted herself and frowned at him, as he left her and stood in front of her, leaning on the wall beside. Their eyes met, speaking volumes of emotions their mouths failed to convey. 

"Tum yahi ruko, fresh hojao, mai Muskan ke sath tumhare liye night suit bhejta hu. Change karne ke baad, mujhe aawaj lagana, mai dinner leke aata hu" He initiated the talk, making her comfortable to his house.

"Rehne do please, mai...mai kar lungi manage" She spoke looking at him. 

"Mere hote huye tumhe kuch manage karne ki zarurat nahi hai, aur haa, ye ghar abse tumhara hai" His authoritative tone warmed her heart, making her smile slightly. He winked both his eyes at her and made his way out of the room.

Aditya approached Muskan, who was accompanied by Raj. He explained the whole situation that happened a few hours ago, about how her father snatched and slapped her in front of him. Muskan felt pity for her, took warm and comfortable night clothes and headed towards Soyra's room. Aditya went towards the kitchen and prepared a plate of food for her.  

He returned with a plate of food, to see Soyra sitting on the bed, in a blue plain night suit. While Muskan stayed beside her, waiting for Aditya to arrive. He gestured to Muskan something, and she spoke all of sudden understanding her brother's expression. 

"Khana hojaye, toh tum mere kamre me sone aajana, okay?" she glanced over Soyra and got a nod in response. Muskan left the room, leaving Soyra and Aditya alone.