5

Lizzie's Pov:

I knew how hard it would be for Sav to come to Scarlett's house. After all, Scarlett is her mother that left her but I never really knew how much it would impact her.

"So, Lizzie, what's going on with you and Chris?" Cobie asked, I could feel my face heat up. I looked down at my drink and just stirred it with my straw. If this is what I'm getting from somebody that didn't see us kiss I can't imagine what Chris is getting from Savannah.

"It's nothing. We've just been trying something new." I didn't want to go too much into detail. I wonder if Chris told Sav, I bet she already knew but never said anything. I promise you that girl knows everything. "Dam. I owe Savannah $50." Cobie cursed under her breath.

"You and that child bet on us!" I asked in disbelief. I knew it. Sav and Cobie are always looking at me and Chris and start whispering. "Sav said you guys did have something going on and I said you didn't so we bet $50 on it.

"How is Sav by the way? Since everything happened?" Cobie asked, it's a hard question to answer. She seems like her normal self but I don't know. "Sav is Sav. She's always been the one to mask how she really feels. Even if it hurts her inside." I told her, and she seemed to understand what I meant. Scarlett looked confused on what we were talking about.

"What do you mean 'Since everything happened'?" Scarlett asked, quoting what Cobie said. Maybe we shouldn't have talked about this in front of her. "Wait, Liz she doesn't know?" Cobie also asked. I don't know what to say. I don't want to tell Scarlett without making sure it's fine with Sav. "No Scarlett doesn't know. I think it would be much better if we didn't tell her." I directed at Cobie. I know it's rude and unfair to Scarlett but I don't know what Savannah wants her to know if she wants Scarlett to know anything at all.

Cobie gave me a concerned look. "I think it's better if Savannah tells Scarlett herself or if Savannah wants to tell her at all." I stated, it's not up for discussion. I'm doing what I feel is best for Savannah, not Scarlett or anybody else.

"Excuse me? Are we just going to talk about me like I'm not sitting right here with you?" Scarlett spoke up, looking confused. I glared at Cobie for bringing up the subject in general. Soon, we all started to move on and we were all laughing. That was before Chris ran in.

"Lizzie, somethings wrong with Savannah. She can't get out of the car and before we got here I could barely get her to focus on what I was saying to her. She was stuck in her own thoughts." Chris rushed out, huffing slightly from running. I didn't look back twice, Chris and I ran to his car.

The sight of Savannah was not good. You could tell she was debating something in her mind. She didn't seem like she could do anything, her face was scrunched up and there were veins popping out the sides of her head.

"Chris, you get go inside now." I told him, he didn't look so sure. He looked at Savannah and she nodded. I honestly didn't know whether she wanted Chris to stay or leave. There are times that she would rather have both of us and there are also times she just wants one of us.

"What's going on, Savvy?" I asked the young girl next to me, she didn't reply but she did cuddle into my side. She was fine earlier so something must have happened that made her shut down. After a few more moments of silence I decided to ask again but in a different way. "C'mon baby, tell me what's going on in that head of yours." She moved a little and was quiet for a second but then she spoke.

""What if Scarlett didn't really want me here? What if she just asked so you and Dad wouldn't be mad at her?" She asked, her blue-ish green eyes looking at me, I could see the tears starting to form. ""Oh Sav, if Scarlett didn't want you here I promise she would not have been as nervous as she was when she went to ask you. She was actually you didn't really want to come and just came because you felt bad, your dad and I told her that wasn't the case." I told her I never wanted her to feel bad about me asking her to come over instead of Scarlett.

After a while we decided to go back inside but Sav didn't talk much. We were on the subject about what we're going to be doing the next day. I knew Sav wouldn't want to go out knowing tomorrow marks the third year without her best friend Maya. She hurried off before I could say anything but I followed right behind her.

We ended up bumping into Chris, he was smiling until he saw my distressed face and Savannah with tears building in her eyes. "Woah, what happened?" He asked, slowing Savannah down before she ran right out the door. Savannah was just quiet, I hate that I feel like the reason this is happening.

"Tomorrow the cast wants to go to an arcade with everybody. We all know what tomorrow is with some exceptions but Savannah wants to stay home." I explained to Chris, he nodded to show his understanding of the situation. Chris leaned down to Savs height. "I can't go out with everybody knowing what tomorrow marks." She cried, it's been hard for her every year since it happened.

"It hasn't been easy for any of us. Tomorrow marks the day your dad and I lost our best friends and you lost yours. But we all have to keep trying for them." I spoke softly, it didn't take long in my sentence for her to start crying. "It's so hard without her though." She cried, I could almost barely understand her. Chris tried to shush her so we wouldn't attract attention from the cast.

"It's okay, Honey. We can work something out, right Liz?" Chris said, turning to look at me and I agreed. "How about we all go to the arcade tomorrow but after we're there for a while you don't feel up to it we can just go home." I suggested, Savannah looked up at me ,"Really?" she asked, full of emotion and hope.

Chris and I nodded. We know how hard it's been for her. It's been hard on all of us but Savannah was a wreck. "You know what, I'll take her home and Chris you can stay." I told them, Chris' head perked up.

"Are you sure?" He asked, I nodded. "I've been here longer, you've practically just got here. Just don't be out too late." I warned him. Chris has a tendency to forget what time it is when he leaves events or parties.

Savannah and I bid our goodbyes and left Scarlett's house. Tomorrow is a new day and hopefully better than today.