15

Scarlett's Pov

We were all talking then all of a sudden Savannah started thrashing in her sleep.

"Sav?" Lizzie asked out loud, but she didn't budge. Ashley walked over to her and started shaking her, she didn't budge.

"What's going on?" Chris asked, coming back into the room with coffee from the cafeteria.

"Savannah won't wake up." Lizzie told him, and she tried to get up but couldn't due to her confinement to the hospital.

Chris placed the coffee on the table and ran to Savannah. "Sav, wake up." Chris said repeatedly trying to wake up the girl.

"Nonono." She muttered, something must really be scaring her. "Savannah!" Chris shouts, shaking her.

Savannah finally popped up, she looked terrified. So I guess it was a nightmare.

She didn't say anything, she grabbed her phone and left the room. It took a minute for everything to process what happened.

"I'll go get her." I told the rest of the adults, I knew I wasn't the best option but I needed to try. This could go two ways, I guess there's no in between.

"Are you sure?" Ashley grabbed my arm before I left, I just nodded. By now Savannah could be anywhere so I need to hurry.

I left Lizzie's room and started walking around to places I could find Sav. Janitors closets and any medical room I could stumbleupon.

"Excuse me, have you seen a blonde girl with blue eyes, she is about 15?" I asked the receptionist, she didn't look very happy, I'm not very happy with her attitude.

"I saw a child walk toward the bathroom, around 5 minutes, parents must be horrible to let her walk around so upset." The nurse said, continuing to type on her computer. Her response made me upset, she has no reason to speak about a situation she knows nothing about.

I nodded and made a left to the bathroom, I heard sniffles but couldn't tell what stall they were coming from.

It's a public bathroom. I can't look under the stalls to see which one she's in. "Savannah?" I called out, the sniffles stopped but I could still hear

breathing.

"Is anybody else here?" I asked, no answer. So, I did what anybody else would do.

I pushed open every single door until I reached one that was locked. "Sav, can you open the door for me honey?" I asked, knocking on the bathroom door. She was in the handicapped stall so it could fit the both of us.

"Go away, I'll be right out." She told me, anybody else would think she's fine but I could tell she was shaken up.

"Savannah, I would like you to open the door. Can you do that for me?" I asked softly, the door clicked.

The scene broke my heart, her face was red and tears were streaming down her face. I could see a vein coming out of her face.

"Hey, it's okay. Can you tell me what happened?" I asked, surprisingly she moved into my arms and hugged me.

She started to sob but I didn't know what to do. I'm so used to younger kids crying and you can tell them something to calm them down. Older kids are different, especially Savannah. I haven't seen my daughter in years and I know nothing about her.

"It was terrible. Everyone hated me, Mom died." She sobbed, I had no words. Yes it does hurt hearing her call another woman her mom meanwhile i'm just Scarlett.

"It was about the accident, instead of Mom getting better she died. Everyone blamed me for it, nobody would look at me. They told me I killed her." That's a terrible dream for anybody to have. Even adults would find that terrifying.

After around 15 minutes she calmed down, she was just hiccuping. "Are you ready to go back?" I whispered, we've been sitting in the bathroom for the longest, I've heard many people coming in and out of the bathroom.

"Yeah, let's just go. I just don't know if I'm ready for all of the questions and looks of pity." She said, she sounded really mad but I don't understand why. "Don't look so conflicted, all of them can hover a lot." She added, shortly chuckling.

Maybe she was trying to cover up how upset she was about the whole situation. She's so much different since the last time I saw her. Anyways, we started walking back to Lizzies Room, we bumped into Jarnette on the way there.

"Hey Plum, how are you?" Jarnette smiled and hugged Savannah. Savannah didn't do much but smile and reciprocate the hug. "Hey Scarlett, how are you and the kids?" She politely asked, Jarnette and I don't have problems like MK and I but our relationship still needs some mending.

"Rose is getting older and Cosmo is still trying to find out what his feet do. I'm doing well, still trying to figure everything out but I'm getting by." I told her, she nodded. I know she understands what I'm saying. Hell, she raised 4 kids, 3 of them being girls. God I can't imagine what Trent went through, Cosmo is gonna kinda be the same with two sisters.

"Don't seem too sad about it, there's people who wish they could do half as much as you do for your kids." She slightly scolded me, I forgot Savannah was here. We eventually stopped our conversation and headed to Lizzie's Room, the only new face was Lizzie's brother Trent.

I stood in the corner of the room while everyone else was talking, I didn't fit in anywhere. They're all a family and I'm just here to support my friend and daughter. I don't know what I can say about Chris and I's relationship but I'm pretty sure at this point it's almost nonexistent.

I was deep in thought until I felt somebody snuggle into my side. It was Savannah, I draped my arm around her shoulders and she didn't seem to complain. "I wanted to thank you for earlier. You really didn't have to, you could have sent MK or Ashley to find me. I didn't mean to worry you." She said, turning and looking at me.

"Hey, you don't ever have to apologize for something like that. I'm your mom even if I haven't acted like it I'm never going to be upset about something like that. It's not something you can control, you were freaked out, we all get it." I told her, and she looked happy at my answer.

Next thing I know were hugging goodbye and she's leaving with Chris.