9

Lizzie's Pov:

Chris looked nervous, he should be. I know he probably didn't realize what was going on with Scarlett but everyone else knew which makes it a problem. I bet you poor Colin doesn't notice either.

"Am I in trouble?" The grown man asked, he looks like a child. "C'mon Chris, what are you? A child?" I didn't mean for it to come out like that but it did. I didn't sound like myself.

"I don't understand though, I apologized, Lizzie." Chris told me, he's confused. That's because he's a man and doesn't understand the mind of a woman. "You didn't apologize for everything though, Chris." I informed him, he looked at me puzzled like he didn't know what was happening.

"What do you mean I didn't apologize for everything?" Chris asked, I was now standing, pacing back and forth in the hospital room. "You apologized because you didn't realize what was going on for Scarlett but not what happened with Scarlett. Yes, you apologized to Savannah but what about me?" I felt myself starting to cry but I couldn't help it.

"I don't understand." He shook his head. I don't know how to explain this situation without losing my mind or hurting him and myself in the process. "Think about everything that has happened in the past 2 days, Chris. First you didn't tell either Savannah or I that Scarlett was going to be in the movie. How could you leave something like that out? You're a director for Christ sake. Then you dragged her to set with you knowing she was going to be there." I explained to him, he stared at me with red eyes. I couldn't help but continue. "Then you told her that we had to go to Scarlett's house, I saw the text message Chris. You told her that she couldn't stay home alone, knowing damn well she's more than old enough to stay home by herself." I never cursed, I thought it was foul to use curse words towards others but I couldn't help it.

"Lizzie, I don't know what to say." He told me he tried to come closer to me but I declined and moved away. He looked hurt by my actions but I needed him to know that his actions were wrong. "No, Chris. I'm not done. Then, once we were at Scarlett's house you made a compromise so she would see Scarlett once again. Now, here we are." I finished explaining to him, that wasn't all I had to say but it was enough for what I wanted to say for now.

"Lizzie, I didn't mean for it to seem like that." He told me, he reached out for me but I couldn't go into his arms knowing that I still felt a way about the situation. "Then how did you mean for it to seem? It seems to me and everyone else here that you were trying to force your daughter to do something she wasn't ready for." I said to him, I couldn't bear but felt my heart break at the look in his eyes.

"I just wanted her to be happy. I wanted her to see her mother and not grow up hating her." He spoke, I shook my head and laughed humorlessly. "You wanted her to be happy and not grow up hating her mother? Well guess what Chris, she's grown. She's grown up hating her mother because her mother left her, and don't tell me I don't know the full story when you and I both know that I do. She's a fourteen year old girl, she knows the things she is and is not ready for." I cried, he looked upset at my shown emotion.

"Lizzie I don't know what to say." He started to talk but I quickly cut him off. "I'm not done. Do you not see the way she looks at you, Chris? I've never seen her look at Scarlett the same way she looks at you. And I know you don't see it but everyone else does." I told him, he was now crying with me.

"I never noticed it before, why didn't you say anything before?" Chris asked, I kept shaking my head and leaned on the counter.

He'll never understand you, Lizzie. He doesn't see what he's doing, you try with him if he doesn't understand you. I just don't know what to do. I can't leave him, then I'd be leaving Savannah. The same thing Scarlett did to her.

I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I knew I did the same thing her mother did to her before. Knowing I told her I would never do the same thing to her.

"Lizzie, I'm sorry. For everything." Chris apologized, he sounded sincere. I couldn't do anything but shake my head. "Chris, I can't do this. I need some space." I told him, wiping my tears. The room went silent for a couple minutes then I heard a faint 'Ok'. I'm surprised, I didn't think he would accept it.

"If you need space, then I'll grant that to you. But you have to promise me you won't leave Savannah." He told me, making me promise. "I promise I won't ever leave her. I wouldn't dream of it." I assured him. I grabbed my things from the chair and opened the hospital door and left. I heard the voice of my sisters behind me.

They were following me. I tried to hide my red, teary face but I failed when MK pulled my hand away from my face. They both gasped at the sight of my face, mascara and tears running down my face.

"Liz, what happened?" Ashley asked, MK nodded. Agreeing with her question. I didn't want to tell them, it was too much. They would worry about me and they would worry about Sav. I just shook my head and went to the uber I had ordered.

"Nothing." I tried to push them away. They should be upstairs with Sav and making sure she's not worrying, we all know how Sav gets when it comes to me or her dad.

"Elizabeth." MK said in a stern tone. God, she sounded like my mother. I didn't want to talk about it, I didn't want to talk in general. "I don't want to talk about it right now. Or not even at all." I told them, they finally decided to let me go and they went back upstairs.

There was too many memories of Chris and Sav at my house and I knew that if I went there, somebody would show up sooner or later. So, I booked a flight. The first flight I could find.

'Cancun, Mexico'

I went home, packed my things, and was off on my journey.

Goodbye LA.