10

I know this is very short and I apologize, I just need some time to get ahead with writing, with school starting back up.

Time Skip..

Saturday, April 3, 2021

Savannahs Pov:

I don't know what Lizzie said to my dad but we haven't talked to Scarlett or even seen her since that day. It's been a month but we've been thriving. I got my cast off yesterday and I've been cleared to play softball again. I've had 5 softball games in the past three weeks since I've been cleared, in total I've had 21 scouts come watch my games. Some were from colleges and some from different highschools. I've had 112 home runs this season. The seasons ended, at least for the league I was playing for. I don't play for my school because it's too much.

I haven't seen Lizzie much or at all since that day at the hospital. I know her and Dad still talk everyday but I haven't talked to her or seen her since she left the hospital that day. So, it's just been Dad and I ever since. "Woah Sav, your softball stats look great! I think this is your second best season." Dad told me, looking over the stat paper my coach gave to me.

After I left the team gathering I went back home, Dad was in the living room talking to someone while I was waiting for Cami, Carlos, and our new friend Ashton to get here. I got a text from Cami saying they were outside the gates so I went downstairs to buzz the gate but I heard dad talking to somebody, from what I could tell it was a woman.

It's 4 o'clock in the afternoon and I had just awoken from my nap around half an hour ago. I shook my head, thinking I was hallucinating. I continued to walk towards the front door to grab the buzzer.

Cami texted me thank you and I ventured into the kitchen and saw Dad talking to a woman with medium length brown hair. "Chris, I don't know what I'm going to say to her." Wait, I recognize that voice. I walked further into the kitchen and opened the refrigerator, I knew they were looking at me but I continued to ignore both of them.

"Sav," She said, I just shook my head and continued looking for something to eat. I didn't want to talk to her, she left. Without saying a word to me. I heard a knock at the front door and ran to get it. I didn't want to have to talk to her.

"Hey Savvy." Carlos greeted me with a hug as he walked into the house. Cami and Ashton gave me a fist bump and shut the door behind them. "Can we go to the kitchen and get a snack?" Cami asked, just my luck. The one place I was trying to avoid, the kitchen.

I just nodded, Dad always taught me that you have to do what the guests would like to do. The four of us walked to the kitchen, Cami and Carlos were surprised to see who was sitting there talking to my dad. Ashton was lost. Carlos walked into the pantry with Ashton and tried to find a snack for all of us.

"I thought you said she left?" Cami whispered in my ear, discreetly looking at the two. "I thought she did too, but apparently she came back. I just found out when I came downstairs for the buzzer. She was just sitting here." I told her, she nodded. I don't know how to feel about this situation, I want to be upset but I also want to be happy that she's here.

"I got the snacks!" Carlos said, louder than expected. I don't think they realized we were in the kitchen with them until now. "Nice going." Ashton nudged him, we didn't say anything further until we left the kitchen and made it upstairs to my room.

We were all silent, the only noise heard was the crunching of all of us eating. I had nothing to say, there were so many things going through my mind. I think they all know that. Maybe it's for the better if we don't talk about it. "Maybe we can ask your dad to go to the beach?" Cami suggested, I don't know whether or not I want to speak to him. I know my dad and how oblivious he could be towards others feelings when it comes to a situation he really cares about. Everyone agreed, except me.

Maybe they knew I would agree anyways. Cami and Ashton went downstairs to ask dad, at least that's what I think they did. Carlos, who was sitting on the floor previously, came and sat next to me on the hammock I had in my room.

"How are you feeling? Y'know, about everything." He asked, Carlos was the one person who could always tell when I was upset or had certain feelings about a situation. I just shrugged, I couldn't find words to explain how I felt.

"I'm hurt. At both of them, my dad for her being here. At our house without telling me and her for leaving without a word. She left, just like that. Without a word, not even a text message or maybe even a letter." I explained to him, I couldn't even express this as hurt anymore, I was angry. Angry at all of them. All the adults in my life have left me. "You know it's okay to be angry, or even hurt, Savvy. It's a normal human reaction." He told me, looking into my eyes. He's so understanding, he always knows the right thing to say even if you think it's wrong.

"I know, it's all normal but once I actually allow myself to feel it. I can't make it stop, it all comes rushing up and I can't stop it. At the end of the day, I don't want to hurt them." I sadly told him, I don't know what to do.

I can't cry because I won't stop.

I can't laugh, I can't force it anymore.

I can't fake like I'm happy, it's too draining.

"It's okay to let some emotion out sometimes, hermosa chica. I would never judge you for that." He softly spoke, I knew he would never judge me. I just can't have people see a side of me that I swore no one would ever see again.