14

Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Savannahs Pov:

It's been 2 weeks and Mom still hasn't awoken, the doctors said it would only take her 24 hours since the accident or less for her to wake up but I guess they're not always right.

Scarlett and Aunt MK are arguing for what seems like the millionth time in the short but long 5 hours if us being here.

"Mary-Kate, I honestly don't know what your problem with me is, I've apologized time and time again for weeks!" Scarlett huffed, getting fed up with the situation. They're not on nickname terms I guess.

Usually Dad and I would just ignore them but something about this argument seems different.

"You apologize but not for the right things!" MK said, waving her hands around. Scarlett just scoffed and rolled her eyes.

Honestly, that's a bold move. This is a Olsen we're talking about here, some Johanssons are scary but Scarlett is not one of the scariest.

"I would never have to apologize so many times if I knew what I did wrong." Scarlett told MK, I can feel something brewing m. I just can't quite pinpoint what it is.

"Your apology means nothing if I have to tell you what to apologize for." MK finally took her chance and scoffed at Johansson. Dad and I glanced at each other then quickly glanced back at the women.

Before either of them could reply we heard coughing, the four of us looked confused being that none of us were coughing.

Wait, technically there's 5 of us.

Mom.

MK and I ran to her side while Dad called the doctors. Scarlett just stood there, frozen.

Maybe she wasn't expecting mom to actually wake up. But, I'm happy she did even though it took way longer than expected.

The doctors quickly ran in and took the tube from down her throat. "Hi Elizabeth, I'm Doctor Reacher. Do you remember what happened?" The doctor introduced himself, I honestly didn't know his name until now.

Mom nods, at least she's answering even if it's not verbal. "Can you tell me the last couple things you remember?" Doctor Reacher asked, she just pointed, causing us to cast her gaze toward whatever she was pointing to.

Water.

Duh Sav.

Dad quickly grabbed the hospital water and handed it to her. I just stayed in the same spot, tracing imaginary shapes on her hand.

"Um," Her raspy voice started to speak, she quickly cleared her throat. "I remember arguing with Savannah, driving to the Twins' house, the crash, and the last thing I remember is being here and Savannah was talking to me as she held my hand." She explained, not going into much detail of the events. Maybe that's for the best.

Dr. Reacher smiled. "That's good progress. We can have you out of here in two days at the minimum if you continue to thrive like this." He told her, looking down at his tablet before exiting the room.

"I'm so happy you're awake, Lizard. It's been hell without you." MK whispered, tears brimming her eye lines.

"She's right, Liz. It's been hell without you here with us." Dad agreed with MK, holding her hand that previously had her water in it.

"I'm really happy you're awake, Lizzie. It's been strange without hearing your voice." Scarlett finally spoke up from the back of the room.

I didn't say anything. I couldn't bring myself to say anything.

"Can you give us a moment?" Mom asked, referring to her and I. Dad and Scarlett nodded. "I'll go ahead and call Mom and Ashley to let them know you're awake." MK agreed, closing the door behind her.

"Look at me, Savvy." She told me, lifting my head with her hand. I just shook my head, I could feel myself starting to cry.

"I heard anything while I was asleep. I know how sorry you are, I don't blame you or anybody else for me being here." She said softly, her words just activated the water works.

"I'm so sorry for everything I said. It wasn't right, I love you Mommy. I didn't mean it ." I cried into the hospital bed, I couldn't look up at her.

Even though she told me that she didn't blame me, deep down I'll still blame myself.

"Savannah. I know everything that goes through that head of yours. I heard every time you apologized throughout these couple weeks." She smiled sadly, she looked so genuine but I couldn't help but feel it was a façade.

She is an actress after all.

"Why are you lying to me? I can see it on everyone's face. They all feel it's my fault." I sobbed into her bed side. "Shh. It's okay. If anyone blames you they'll have to go through me." She joked, I laughed through my sobs. Starting to calm down.

"I love you Mommy." I told her, before falling asleep at her side.

"I love you too, Savvy." She replied.

"It's Lizzie." Dad said, his eyes bloodshot red with her shirt soaked with tears and sweat.

We arrived at the hospital to see MK, Ashely, and Grandma J.

'It's all your fault. You're the reason my sister is here' Ashely spat, nothing but hatred lacing her voice.

'My daughter was so hurt and upset about you. All she ever wanted was to be a good mother for you.' Spoke a disappointed Grandma J. I've never seen her act this way.

'God, I can't even look at you. You better hope that my sister wakes up.' MK told me. I could feel the sadness, anger, and disappointment in the room.

I felt the tears running down my face but I said nothing. I walked toward Dad who was crying in his hands.

'Dad?' I asked, trying to get his hands off his hands.

'You're no child of mine, my Savannah would never say those words to her mother.' Dad shook my hands away. I didn't know what to do.

Next thing I know, the heart monitor flat lined. We all watched through the window, the doctors trying and trying over and over.

But she's gone. There's nothing we can do about it.

'You killed my sister!' Both twins sobbed, trying to run toward me but being held back by Grandma J.

I was sobbing myself.

I tried to walk toward dad but he walked away from me.

There's no one here for me.

Everybody hates me.

I knew it was my fault.

"Savannah!" A voice shaking me woke me up from my sleep. I gasped, looking around the room to see the confused faces of MK, Ashley, Dad, Mom, and even.. Scarlett?

It was the same reoccurring dream.

I couldn't talk. I got up, grabbed my phone and walked out the room