8

Savannahs Pov:

I thought it was two people at least. In walked Aunt Ashley, Aunt MK, Cami, and Carlos. "Savannah, how are you? Since, your mother didn't tell us you were in the hospital." Aunt MK said, glaring at me but looking back at me softly. Before I could reply Carlos was running towards me , "Savvy!" He yelled, jumping into the bed next to me.

Mom, Dad, MK, Ashley, and Cami smiled at us, meanwhile Scarlett just looked at us. Colin was too busy playing with Rose and Cosmo, I don't even know why he's here at this point. He's irrelevant. Mom moved to the spot next to Dad and Cami moved to the chair next to my bed.

"You never told us you were in the hospital." Cami said, swatting my left arm. At least she was careful enough not to touch my right, Good thing I'm also left handed. "In my defense, I was only admitted like an hour ago and my phone is dead." I explained, trying to raise my hands in surrender. That failed tremendously. "Speaking of hospitals, how did you manage to get yourself in here?" Aunt MK asked, from the sound of her voice I could tell she knew something, maybe.

From the corner of my eye I could see Dad trying to talk to Mom but she was ignoring him. He was trying really hard which made it painful to watch. "When you told me your mom was famous I didn't know you were talking about Scarlett Johansson." Carlos whispered in my eye, I didn't do anything but look at him for a moment. "Well, if my father is Chris Evans and I was born around the same time he and Scarlett met. That would be pretty easy to piece together." I explained to him, I knew my explanation sounded sarcastic but it was meant to.

"Lizzie, do you want to come with me to get some food from the cafeteria?" Dad asked Mom, but she didn't answer. She continued to scroll on her phone without paying him any attention in the world. I hope I'll get discharged today, last time I was here they decided to make me stay the night to make sure my arm was healing the way they wanted it to before they sent me back home.

Well, I hate to cut my visit short but I'm gonna take little Rosie and Cosmo home. Cosmo and Rose are dozing off." Colin told us and bid his goodbyes to everyone. Scarlett gave Colin a kiss goodbye causing Cami, Carlos, and I to groan. Finally, Colin's leaving, I don't understand why he was here anyways to be honest. It's that I don't like him but he just bothers me, finally he walked out the door and was on his way.

"Wow, she's really ignoring him. I've never seen her ignore him for this long before." I whispered to Cami and Carlos. They've been over my house or on the phone with me before when Mom was ignoring him. But, to make matters worse Scarlett spoke up. "I'll go with you, Chris." she softly said, Dad gladly accepted her offer and got up to go with her. Cami, Carlos, and I just looked at each other, there is not way he's that oblivious. Mom watched them leave from the top of her eyelids. Aunt MK and Aunt Ashley just watched in shock.

Carlos was still sitting next to me, playing with the bracelets I had on my cast and Cami was on the other side, drawing on my cast. The whole room was silent until I said something. "Is he really that stupid?" I asked, causing my aunts to laugh and Mom to shake her head. Maybe she's not just ignoring him, maybe she's ignoring everyone.

"Maybe she doesn't see the problem with what she's doing." Cami suggested, I nodded to agree with her theory but something about Scarlett's behavior tells me she knows there's something wrong with her actions towards my dad. "Chris is just being his usually overly nice self and doesn't notice how wrong it is." Aunt Ashley said, Mom finally decided to speak up. "I mean what do you expect, it's Chris. He's a teddy bear that everybody loves." She said sarcastically. Woah, who pissed in her cereal.

We were all clearly taken aback by her outburst. We all went quiet and just looked at her, she huffed and left the room. I was confused, Mom's never just walked out the room like that before. Aunt MK walked out and followed her. We looked at Aunt Ashley, "She's just overwhelmed, that's all." She assured us with a smile on her face, but something about the look in her eyes made me feel that she wasn't completely sure about her answer.

"I don't know what happened though, one minute she was talking to me like everything was normal then Scarlett and Rose hopped in the car with us to the hospital and she was upset about that, then Scarlett was looking at Dad and Rose with those lovey dovey eyes." I explained, Ashley nodded her head showing her understanding. Now that I think about it I can understand why she was upset and ignoring him. I'd be upset too though.

"I still don't get it though, Scarlett's married to Colin why would she flirt with Chris? Especially right in front of Lizzie and Colin." Cami asked, it was a valid question. She is married but maybe she was just trying to be nice or something. "I mean, her and your dad were good friends before you were born. Maybe she wanted to rebuild old friendships. But either way it's not right to your mom or Colin." Carlos finally spoke up, he usually doesn't get involved in stuff like this but I guess he decided to change his mind today.

Aunt Ash agreed with him. Carlos wasn't wrong, like at all but why would she jeopardize her marriage with Colin for my dad? They broke up years ago and stopped being close years ago, so why now?

"Everyone out. Except you, Savannah." Aunt MK stated as she walked into the room. Mom looked a little less upset than earlier but she was still very upset, telling by the look on her face. Everyone left, Carlos gave me a short smile on his way out.

Mom sat down in the chair that Cami was previously sitting in. "Sav, I know you're not telling us the whole truth about what happened to your arm." Mom breathed out, fuck. I don't want to snitch on Scarlett like that because technically it wasn't her fault but at the same time it was. But I knew I had nothing else to do but tell her the truth. "Um, I don't know where to start." I laughed, it wasn't a laugh because the situation was funny but more so uncomfortable. She nodded, encouraging me to go on.

"I was playing a game with Rose and hit the jackpot so she naturally went and told Scarlett that we won, just like any other kid would then after that she ran away and told everyone else. I was trying to get all my things and move onto a different game but Scarlett was trying to talk to me about how she wanted to be my mom and everything. I told her she would never be my mom and I guess she didn't like that answer. I said she was never there for me and I tried to walk back to you guys but she grabbed me by my wrist." I explained shakily, Mom didn't look happy. Maybe I wasn't supposed to tell her the full story. She went quiet for a minute or so but then she finally spoke up.

"Savannah, I want you to look at me. Have you taken your pills recently?" Mom asked, I knew I could tell the truth but I didn't want to hurt her. So I lied. "Yes, I take them every night before bed like I'm supposed to." I insured her, I could see the doubt in her eyes. She looked at me for a second but decided to trust my answer.

"Savannah, I hope you know it was not okay for Scarlett to grab you or for your father trying to push you to see her. She was not supposed to come to the hospital with us and we sure were not supposed to go to the arcade today." Mom told me, I didn't know what to say. I never looked at it like that, I guess dad was pushing me towards Scarlett. After a few seconds, the door opened, revealing Dad looking very nervous.

"Lizzie, I'm sorry. I didn't realize what was going on with Scarlett." Dad apologized to mom, Okay, but like where's my apology? I cleared my throat to make sure they knew I was still in the room. "And Sav, I'm sorry for making you see Scarlett more even though you weren't ready." Dad said, looking down and scratching the back of his neck. I'm guessing Aunt MK talked some sense into him.

"Savannah, I'm gonna have to ask you to leave for a second while I talk to your dad." Mom said she didn't say it in a mean or demanding way but I refuse to deny her request. I simply got out of bed and walked out the room with everyone else.