16

Monday, April 19, 2021

Savannah's Pov

I know yesterday wasn't the best day for me but for the first time in a while I felt content with Scarlett. She actually said something I actually wanted to hear her say. But maybe she didn't say it because she knew it needed to be said, maybe she said it because she wanted forgiveness from the others.

But it doesn't matter, Mom's awake and she's getting better so now Scarlett won't feel the need to have to take care of me. I know she doesn't want to, she already has the life everyone wants. She has a husband, a son, and a daughter but she left me behind in the dust.

I'm left with the sad reality that my mom doesn't want me, I put my mom in the hospital and my dad is still by my side and I will love him for that forever.

Dad and I were currently at home, Aunt MK and Aunt Ashley said they were bringing a surprise for us. I hate surprises, you never know what to expect from them. Sometimes they can be good and sometimes they can be bad.

"What do you think the surprise is?" I asked, we were both sitting in the living room on opposite couches. He shrugged. I honestly think he's on his way to sleep but it's fine. I know how to wake him up.

"When are you and Lizzie going to get married and give me a younger sibling?" I asked after a few moments of silence. Dad jumped up and started choking, on the air? "What? Where did that come from?" He gasped, I can't wait to send this video to my aunts. "I mean, when I was younger you always told me you would marry Lizzie one day and give me a younger sibling." I shrugged, trying to make it seem like I wasn't trying my hardest not to laugh.

"Why do you want a younger sibling?" Dad asked, I think he was finally starting to calm down. "Is that even a real question? I'm an only child, it gets boring sometimes." I told him, we were actually starting to have a conversation, we sat up from his spot on the couch and sat properly.

"Technically, you're not an only child. On your moms side you have two younger siblings and she's married." He said, I honestly do not want to talk about Scarlett and her children but I guess since my father had to bring it up. "Are those really my siblings, Dad? Let's be honest Rose didn't know about me until recently and Cosmo has not one clue in the world about anything going on around him."

"C'mon Sav, you know that's not fair." Dad groaned, there's nothing he can say to make me feel better about it. "Let's be honest Dad, Scarlett finds me to be nothing else but a charity. When Lizzie gets better she's going to pack her things and leave." I returned his same tone, two can play that game father.

I walked to the kitchen with Dad following, I guess this conversation isn't over. "Sav, she's trying, you have to see that. Give her a chance. You want me to get married and have more kids and your mother has already done that. Why can't you be so accepting towards her? She has everything you want me to have. She has a husband and two younger siblings for you." Dad asked, I could tell he was getting upset but I continued.

"Can we stop with the whole 'Give her a chance' thing? Maybe, just maybe if she came back a few years earlier she would have had a chance. But she didn't, Rose and Cosmo aren't my siblings. Have you seen every single time I've tried to get close to Rose or Cosmo both Scarlett and Colin are pulling them away from me?" I yelled, he's not understanding the point of my words.

"I'm sure they don't mean it that way." He always tries to be so sympathetic, I can't handle it anymore. "You can't keep trying to shield me away from things, Dad. You've tried for far too long and I can't be sheltered because of an accident." I pleaded, he looked so sad. I feel bad for yelling at him, Dad and I never yell at each other but I guess something in us just snapped.

"Savannah, you are my daughter. I will do anything I need to protect you. I want to protect you from the feelings that come with shutting out your mother. Why can't you just listen to me on this?" He shouted, he's never yelled at me like that. It's like his voice is full of anger.

"You know what? Scarlett is not my mother, her children are barely my siblings, and her husband is not my step dad. I have a father and I have a mother. You don't seem to understand that, I don't give a shit whether or not you think Scarlett deserves another chance. I've tried and tried, time and time before to reach out to her and I got nothing but radio silence in return. Scarlett hasn't given a shit about me for nearly all my damn life so why now? Oh, she saw me on set for the first time in years and wants to reconcile. No dad, I refuse to let that happen. Scarlett Johansson doesn't get a chance with me after everything I've been through, I refuse to let myself get hurt like that again." I ranted, I could practically feel every emotion I've held back from the past 2 years just flowing through me. Dad didn't say a word, his head was down and his eyes were bloodshot red.

"Sometimes all people need is a little push to get them closer to the prize, and you Savannah, my daughter. You are the prize, Scarlett may not be the smartest when it comes to you but I can almost promise you she means what she says this time." Dad tried to encourage me but that doesn't work for me.

"Why do you keep pleading her case? My father, the same person I've lived with all my life, is pleading for me to forgive the woman that left me and never showed her face for years. Everything I know from that woman is from the tabloids. I don't give a shit about what Scarlett wants to offer me because quite frankly I don't care. You see how quick she was to leave the other day? Leaving, that's what she's best at." I cried, he stood there and looked at me in shock. I can't believe this, all of the sudden he's just going to stop talking?

"What?" I asked, he pointed behind me. Shit. All of our yelling and we didn't hear the front door open. There they were, Scarlett, Aunt MK, Aunt Ashley, Grandma J, and Mom. I honestly don't know how much they've heard.