6

Wednesday, March 3rd, 2021

Savannah's Pov:

Yesterday really made me exhausted. As soon as Lizzie and I got home I fell asleep. But she woke me up to shower and get some pajamas on.

Today is the day, marking the third year without Maya and her parents. Mom always reminds me that I have Cami. I know I have Cami but there was a difference between Cami and Maya. I finally got out of bed and saw the time was '1:21' . I'm surprised nobody has woken me up yet.

I made my way downstairs and saw mom and dad talking in the kitchen. Mom was the first to notice me. "Good Morning honey, how are you feeling?" She asked, walking to me. She gave me a hug and kissed my forehead. I could see the tears brimming her eyes. "I should be asking you that. You guys also lost people you loved." I said, she shook her head. Dad was quiet, it's not surprising though. He's usually pretty quiet on this day.

"You don't have to worry about us, Honey. We were supposed to be at the arcade at 1 but everyone understood that you weren't up yet." Mom told me before turning around and going upstairs to get dressed. I looked over at dad, the usual light in his eyes was gone.

I walked up to him and gave him a hug. I felt his body shake and my hoodie getting wet. I started crying along with him, we stayed like that for a while before pulling away.

"Let's get dressed before your mom goes all Scarlet Witch on us." Dad let out a watery chuckle, we pulled away and parted ways. I put on something simple. Blue Jeans, a black shirt, and my green hoodie that says 'Evans-Olsen' and my softball number '15', along with my green Jordan 1's.

I walked out my room finally ready after washing my face and such to see mom and dad in the same exact thing. Everything was the same, head to toe. "How lovely," I joked. Mom was smiling and dad laughed. "Hush you, let's get to the car so you can get your $50 from Cobie." She chuckled, the ride to the arcade was filled with laughter and not like the past.

We arrived at the arcade and heard the voice of RDJ, "They do exist!" he yelled. The three of us laughed, and I ran to Cobie, "Pay up." I said short and sweet, she rolled her eyes and put a $50 bill in my palm, "Lovely doing business with you." I smiled before walking back away to mom and dad. They were talking to Scarlett and Colin. I think his name is. I gave up knowing the names after the second husband.

I just stood there, leaning on dad. They were talking about acting life or something like that. "Oh my god, I just realized you guys have on the same thing. That's so cool, can we see the back?" Colin exclaimed, I nodded slowly. I don't know about this guy. "It has your last name on the back!" He yelled. I turned and looked at mom and dad, they looked at him just as strangely as I did. "Matching outfits with your last name." Scarlett mocked, I guess I was the only one who heard her.

"Hi Savannah." I jumped as she greeted me, I didn't think she was going to say anything to me. "Hey Scarlett." I said, looking down at my phone replying to a text from Aunt MK and Aunt Ashley. Dad nudged me, "Sorry." I said awkwardly, we were all just staring at each other until a young blonde girl ran up to me.

"Hi Savannah! I've been waiting for you to get here. Mommy said she would tell me when you got here but clearly not." She said excitedly, directing the last part at Scarlett. Dad snickered causing Mom to swat his arm. Mom started to tell him off but I couldn't hear anything as I was dragged off to play arcade games.

"Let's play this one." Rose pointed to a game where you were a fisherman and you had to spin the wheel. Rose tried to spin the wheel but failed, I spun it and... We got the jackpot! Rose' happy scream filled the arcade.

"You did it!" She screamed, I smiled and gave her all 5000 jackpot tickets. Scarlett walked up to us with her signature smirk on her face. "Mommy look! Savannah got the jackpot for me!" She said excitedly, running up to her mom. Rose ran off to show Colin and the others. I laughed as she ran to each person.

"What's so funny?" Scarlett questioned from next to me, I was leaning on the game we had just previously played. "She was so excited to show her mom." I said, sadly remembering she was never there. But, I had always had Lizzie - My mom. "I'm your mom too, Savannah." She remarked, I looked at her like she had said something crazy because she did in fact.

"No you're not. You've never been there for me." I told her, she looked hurt by my comment but she sure was determined. "I am your mother. I want to be your mother even if you don't want me to." She replied, I couldn't do anything but chuckle and shake my head.

"If you're my 'mother' name what happened on my first day of school, or name the names of my best friends, name what job I wanted to be when I grew up." I challenged her, she looked down to the ground when she realized she couldn't. "That's what I thought. You can't." I scoffed, of course she doesn't know. I don't know why I expected her to be able to answer.

"Savannah please, I want to try and be your mom again." She pleaded, I started to make sure I had my game card and tickets. I walked to a different game. "Your time is up. Do you know how it felt for me to be a four year old with Daddy coming home to tell me that my mom's having another kid? I'm not that sad little girl anymore Scarlett. I'm fourteen. I don't stay up all day and night on the couch waiting for my mommy to come home." I spat at her, she looked confused by my sudden anger.

"Savannah just let me try please." She cried, I tried walking towards mom and dad. She was quick to follow me, she tried to grab my right wrist. She quickly dropped my hand in horror. I can't do this right now.

I hissed, fuck. Where's mom?

I looked around frantically. I can't find her.