23) Juneteenth

"Baby"   I called out for toni. Walking downstairs toni was no where to be found. Usually she's in her office or in her game room. I walked past the kitchen seeing the screen door was open. "Oh there she goes. " Toni was outside cleaning the pool. We're having pool party for juneteenth. She wasn't was too happy about it but I changed her mind of course and didn't take much. Just a little kiss. Well below.

"Baby" Toni turned and faced me smiling

"Wassup babe." Toni dropped the pool stick and walk towards me. "I'm gonna go pick up Nicki and get stuff for the cookout. Is there anything you want."

"You don't have to go out and get anything I told the guys to bring stuff, But If you do go out take my card and get me some of that cran- mango you be drinking that shit super good." I laughed cause at first she would not taste it now that's all she wants.

"Okay let me get dress. I'll be back."

"Alright. I love you"

"I love you too."I pecked her lips and walked back in the house.

***

* BEEP BEEP* I honk my horn twice waiting for Nicki ass. This girl always late.

"IM COMING" she yelled from out her window.

I laughed as she ran down the driveway. "I told your ass I'll be here at 12:30"

"I'm sorry girl you know I got molasses " we laughed and drove off.

"Is that nail shop still open up the street?" I asked I wanted to get a color change I wasn't feeling this orange on my toes.

"Yeah. They actually opened at 12 "

"Good so we can be in and out. " I pulled into the nail shop parking spot seeing it was only two cars parked.

"Well shit I minds well get my eyebrows done. "

"Hello welcome to Dazzling Nails. What can I get for you today?" A young worker approached us.

"Hi yes, color change on my feet and eyebrows for her." 

"Okay go pick your color and you can have a seat right there." They spoke in their language amongst each other.

"One day imma learn Korean cause I feel like they be talking bout us" I laughed at Nicki comments.

"Girl they are not talking bout us she just told the lady to come do your eyebrows." I might have learn some Korean when I had a faze with kpop.

"Oh yeah I forgot you're a nerd." I pushed her to her seat and walked to mines. I ended up just picking white cause you can never go wrong with white toes.

As I watch the lady remove the polish from my toes my phone rung. "I bet it's Toni" I said to myself Pulling my phone out. Yup it's Toni.

"Yeah babe."

"Where you at?"

"At the nail shop."

"What you getting? Didn't you just go there last week."

"I'm getting a different color I really didn't like that orange. What time did you tell everyone to come." I seen she was still outside.

" three but you know black people. But jay and bey here so I'm bout to season the meats so they can put that shit on the grill. " 

"Okay well I see you when I get there. Love you"

"Alright. Love you too. Be safe"

I hung up the phone seeing Nicki walk my way.