| TWELVE |

"LONG TIME NO SEE VO'DIKA." Wolffe said as a holoimage of him appeared on the transmitter.

"Indeed." Anya replied. A few weeks had passed since the deemed 'Clone Wars' began. The Sith, Count Dooku, rallied different planets to the cause of the Separatists whose goal was to take down the Republic - by any means possible. The clones had been fighting against the droid army of the Separatists with the help of the Jedi, who became generals.

Anya was on Coruscant during this time since she had stayed true to her word and requested a new Master. The Jedi council then began an investigation over the duo's relationship and discussing on what to do.

Her lockdown on the metal world kept Anya from communicating with her friends who were currently scattered throughout the galaxy.

"How are you my friend? Safe I hope?"

Wolffe shrugged. "Eh, safe but bored. Right now they got me working up on a cruiser, but I prefer a good old fashion fight."

Anya chuckled softly as she twirled her padawan braid with her finger. "That sounds like you. Although what of your general? Who have you been assigned?"

"A Jedi by the name of Plo Koon." Anya perked up immediately. "I take it you know him?"

"You are lucky to be with Master Plo Koon. He is a good friend of mine, he will take care of you." Anya told him. Wolffe crossed his arms, his usual scowl on his face.

"Yeah, he seems pretty likable but I'm not sure yet. Have you heard from Rex or Cody?"

Anya sighed and dropped her head. "Not yet. I am sure I will run into them soon."

"I heard last that Cody was stationed at Christophsis. He is serving under General Obi-Wan Kenobi. I'm not sure about Rex though."

Anya ran her fingers through her hair. "Rex, is a smart man. I am sure he will be fine."

There was some chatter on the other end of the holocall and Wolffe sighed. "Look, I have to go. I'm sorry we couldn't talk longer."

"It is fine. Be safe my friend."

"You too."

Anya leaned back against the wall as she patiently waited outside the council room. They were going to assign her new Master that day.

Eshe didn't take their separation too well. For a woman who barley acknowledged that Anya was alive, she certainly noticed her after Anya told the council of their relationship. Something Anya had to do directly in front of the council members and Eshe. It was a very awkward meeting. The council did not take Eshe's negligence of Anya lightly. Especially, Kit Fisto, Plo Koon, Shaka Ti, and oddly enough Mace Windu which Anya did not see coming. It resulted in a temporary ban for Eshe with teaching any students and their immediate end of Padawan-Master relationship.

Though the tension in the council room was thick that day, when Anya stepped out she honestly felt free. Like a weight that was dragging her down was suddenly cut loose. Now, there was the excitement of having a new Master with a hopefully better outcome.

The doors to the council room slammed open and Anya snapped her head up. Coming out was Lucian who wore a frown on his face.

"Lucian!" Anya jumped to her feet. "Lucian? What is wrong?" Anya asked, grabbing his hand and pulling him back. "Lucian, what ha-" She cut herself off. "Where is your Padawan braid?" Anya asked, a pit forming in her gut as she saw the missing hair strand on his shoulder.

Lucian wouldn't meet her eyes, instead he opted to stare at the floor.

"Lucian," Anya breathed out as she took his face in her hands. "what did you do?"