| THIRTEEN |

"THE SHIELD GENERATOR IS SOMEWHERE IN THIS AREA."
Obi-Wan said, pointing to a position on the holomap. "They're slowly increasing the diameter and keeping it just ahead of their troops."

"Heavy cannons are gonna be useless against that." Rex frowned.

"As they get closer, I suppose we could try to draw them into the buildings." Obi-Wan said. Meanwhile, Anya noticed Ahsoka trying to get a peek at the map so she stepped to the side, giving the younger girl some room in.

"If that shield's gonna be such a problem, why don't we just take it out?"  Ahsoka suggested.

"Easier said than done." Rex told her.

"Well, I for one," Everyone watched as physical pain crossed over Anakin's face. "agree with her." He muttered.

"That was pathetic."

"Shut up, Anya. Someone has to get to that shield generator and destroy it. That's the key."

"Right, then. Maybe you two can tiptoe through the enemy lines and solve this particular problem together." Obi-Wan suggested coyly.

"Can do, Master Kenobi!" Ahsoka bounced as Anakin scoffed. "I'll decide what we do."

"If Rex, Anya, and I engage them here you two might have a chance to get through their lines undetected, here."

"They won't have much time. The droids far outnumber us," Rex said as Obi-Wan stepped back from the map. "so our ability to street fight is limited without the use of heavy cannons. They will march forward under the protection of their shield until they are right on top of our cannons, then they'll blow them away."

"We'll figure out a way." Ahsoka declared positively. "Come on, Master, let's go."

"If we survive this, Snips, you and I are gonna have a talk." Anakin told her not so quietly as they walked off.

"They make...quite a pair, don't they, sirs? You think they have a chance?" Rex asked.

"They better. If they can't turn off that shield generator before it reaches the heavy cannons, there'll be no escape for any of us." Obi-Wan said grimly as Rex glanced towards Anya.

"If Anakin is the same way he was as a kid, he will probably be fine after a few explosions and fires."

Obi-Wan chuckled in agreement. "Well, while they figure it out we have a battle to win. Come along."

          ANYA FIDDLED WITH HER TWO LIGHTSABERS. Having a second one was different and she was a bit unpleased that she didn't have time to practice with it before the battle.

Anya hid up in the rooftops with Cody and the rest of the 212th by her side. Obi-Wan, Rex, and the 501st were on another building all waiting for the shield generator to pass them over.

When it did, Anya ducked her head out to see Rex flash her a hand signal.

"That is the sign, come on boys!" Anya announced to the 212th before she jumped over the ledge, the clones repelling down behind her.

Anya began deflecting the droids shots the second her feet hit the ground. She only used her own lightsaber at first, keeping Lucian's attached to her belt. Anya made sure every clone got down safety, catching a few whose line was shot out.

"Thanks, Commander." One told her after she used the Force to gently place him on the ground.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes ma'am." He said before taking down a droid that was starting to aim at her.

"What is your name?" Anya asked.