| EIGHTEEN |

"EIA FRETTE HAIP DRI SE PO-ANDRGA." Anya said. "I am here as a friend. Now you try."

"Eya fret hap dre se po-andrgra." Ahsoka attempted to repeat, practically butchering Anya's native language. The Kaeilish forced a tight smile back. "Not quite."

"Ugh! I'll never learn this!" Ahsoka huffed as she angrily poked at her food. The two padawans were eating breakfast together and Anya thought it would be a good idea to help Ahsoka on her language studies.

"Do not say that, I am sure you will figure it out. Have patience. It took me more than a year to learn galatic basic. You cannot learn a language over night."

"You sound like Master Kenobi." Ahsoka grumbled making Anya's lips twitch up. "You sound like Anakin."

"Why do I have to do this anyway?" Ahsoka muttered.

"Because learning languages is an important part of life. If you want to communicate peace you must do so in other languages." Anya told her. The young Togruta rolled her eyes in response.

"But why do I need to learn Kaeilish? If I need someone to speak it I can just ask you."

"I will not always be here for you, Ahsoka." Anya told her softly.

Ahsoka scoffed as she leaned back in her seat. "What about Anakin? You guys grew up together, didn't you teach him anything?"

Anya rolled her eyes this time. "Gosh, you two really are alike. I tried to teach him. Many times in fact, but each time he would say the exact same thing you are saying. I swear you two are the perfect padawan-master match."

"So I keep hearing." Ahsoka chuckled. "Skyguy can be a bit of a handful at times, but I like him. He's fun."

"That is one word for him." Anya rubbed her brow. As if on cue, the door to the mess slid open and in walked Anakin himself.

"Speak of the devil." Ahsoka whispered making the older girl laugh. Anakin caught their eyes before power walking over to them. Anya could see the distress that her friend blatantly failed at hiding and rose from her seat.

"What is wrong, Anakin?" Anya asked. "We got a transmission from Naboo. Pad-Senator Amidala has discovered a lab where the Separatists are creating a strand of the Blue Shadow Virus."

"Blue Shadow Virus?" Ahsoka rose to her feet. "I thought that died out ages ago."

"Oh, so you learn about history, but not languages. I see." Anya mumbled.

"We're on our way there now. Get ready to leave in a gunship in an hour."

"You got it, Skyguy." Ahsoka chirped before Anakin went off, probably to brood or rant to Obi-Wan. "What's up with him?" Ahsoka asked.

"Anakin always gets like that when Senator Amidala is involved." Anya told her as they made their way out of the mess hall.

"Oh." Ahsoka said. "Why?"

Anya bit the bottom of her lip. "Who is to say?"

"Does he not like her?"

"No, it is not that." Anya hummed.

"Then why is he acting so strange?"

Anya shrugged. "Anakin is a strange guy."

Ahsoka snorted, shaking her head. "You got that right."

Anya and Ahsoka split up, each heading to their room. Anya went to get her lightsabers which she never took with her unless to training or a mission. Did Obi-Wan tell her not to leave her lightsabers behind multiple times? Yes. Was it technically careless? Perhaps. Was Anya going to stop doing it anytime soon? No.