We Plunge to Our Deaths

Percy POV:

I wake up from a nasty nightmare "....Hey, you asleep?" I ask no-one in particular "Yes." Annabeth says back, she lays next to Y/N ".....You and Thalia were really close, right?" I ask out of the blue

"Yeah."

"What was she like?"

"Why?"

"She was the last forbidden kid before me, right? She must've dealt with the same kind of stuff." I say "....She was tough. I mean, she knew she was a forbidden kid, she just didn't care. When Luke and Thalia found me, Luke cared for me right away. But Thalia... she made me earn it."

I laugh "Is that why you give me a hard time? I gotta earn it with you too?" she sighs "Yeah. Maybe." I sit up "how come Y/N doesn't have to earn it" "he did, before you came he proved to me that he could be trusted" I see her cheeks dust pink "....you sure that the reason?" I say in a teasing voice ".....what are you implying by that?" she asks, as she slowly let go of Y/N's waist.

"i'm implying you like him" "of course I like him, he's my friend" "mmm suuuure, "friend"she grunts and turns around, no longer holding Y/N, sleeping Y/N was not best pleased with this and pull her back into him, She turned beet red, we made eye contact "you say anything and I'll cut your dick off."

I laugh as Grover groans "You awake?" He grumbles "Well, I am now. Thanks." he sounds annoyed "Are you okay?"

"He's super grouchy when he doesn't get enough sleep." Annabeth says and Grover sarcsticly mimics her "He's super grouchy when he doesn't get enough..." Nah!"

"...Wow."

"You've never been on the road with him before. A little different than a froofy boarding school." he turns as he trys to get back to sleep "Who's froofy? You're froofy. What's froofy? I think I need to eat." we laugh and all go back to sleep in silence.

-the next morning-

Y/N's POV: 

"uggggghh, my back, how deep did that bitch cut again?" I ask "not that deep, you pussy" I look at her "you try have to parallel cuts on your back that already has scoliosis" "you have scoliosis?" "its not bad, mostly just annoying" I say as I rub my back.

We look out the train window and see the Gate Way Arch as we pass St. Louis, Missouri, Annabeth looks at us and points to it "I wanna do that" "what?" Percy asks "Build something like that. you ever see the Parthenon, Percy?"

"only in pictures"

"someday, I'm going to see it in person. I'm going to build the greatest monument the gods have ever seen. Something that will last a hundred years" she says as she looks out the window again

Percy Laughed "you? an architect" I slap him over the head with my shield "Shut it! Water boy" Annabeth is bright red "yes, an architect, Athena expects her children to create things not just tear them down, like a certain god of earthquakes I could mention"

"....sorry that was mean" Percy looks past me to her "cant we work together a little? I mean didnt Athena and Poseidon ever cooperate?" She thinks for a moment "I guess... the chariot, My mom invented it, but Poseidon created the horses out of the crests of waves. so they had to work together to make it complete" 

"then we can cooperate too. right?" she pauses as the Arch becomes out of sight "I suppose" when the train stops at Amtrak station downtown. the intercom told us we'd have a three-hour stopover before departing to Denver

Grover stretched. before he was even fully awake, he said "food" Annabeth got up "come on goat boy, sightseeing!" "sightseeing?" "The Gateway Arch" she said "This may be my only chance to ride to the top, are you coming or not" I stand up "might be fun, I'll come with wise girl" She smiled at the new nickname.