Annabeth Insults The Cuck Queen

~~~~~Annabeth's PΩV~~~~~

 The rest of the summer seemed strange because it was so normal. The daily activities continued: archery, rock climbing, Pegasus riding. We played capture the flag (though we all avoided Zeus's Fist). We sang at the campfire and raced chariots and played practical jokes on the other cabins. I spent a lot of time with Chimera, Hanging with Y/N, Y/N and I were around each other all the time. I was glad to be with him.

I could tell he wanted to talk to me about Kronos, but he couldn't do that anymore without bringing up Luke. And I didnt want to talk about it. I would shut him out every time he tried. July passed, with fireworks on the beach on the Fourth. August turned so hot the strawberries started baking in the fields. Finally, the last day of camp arrived. The standard form letter appeared on my bed after breakfast, warning me that the cleaning harpies would devour me if I stayed past noon.

At ten o'clock I stood on the top of Half-Blood Hill, I came to see Percy off. Me and Y/N arranged to stay at camp a little longer. We would tend to Chiron until his leg was fully recovered, and Annabeth would keep studying Daedalus's laptop, which had engrossed her for the last two months. Then we would head back to my father's place in San Francisco.

"There's a private school out there that we'll be going to," I said. "we'll probably hate it, but..." she shrugged. "Yeah, well, call me, okay?" He said "Sure," I said half-heartedly. "I'll keep my eyes open for..."  I stopped myself. I couldn't even say his name without opening up a huge box of hurt and anger.

"Annabeth," Percy said. "What was the rest of the prophecy?" I didnt want to talk about this, not now. I fixed my eyes on the woods in the distance, I didn't say anything. "You shall delve in the darkness of the endless maze," he said. "The dead, the traitor, and the lost one raise. We raised a lot of the dead. We saved Ethan Nakamura and Kyle Baal, who turned out to be a traitor. We raised the spirit of Pan, the lost one." I wanted him to stop.

"You shall rise or fall by the ghost king's hand," I pressed on. "That wasn't Minos, like I'd thought. It was Nico. By choosing to be on our side, he saved us. And the child of Athena's final stand— that was Daedalus."

"Percy—"

" Destroy with a hero's final breath. That makes sense now. Daedalus died to destroy the Labyrinth. But what was the last—"

"And lose a love to worse than death." I had tears in My eyes. "That was the last line, Percy. Are you happy now?" The sun seemed colder than it had a moment ago. "Oh," He said. "So Luke—" "W-what!?" I said "No! not like that, I-I think it's talking about Y/N" I said, "What do you mean?" He asked

"...When Y/N was brought back to camp, when you blew up the mountain...His mother came to him in a dream and told him the rest of his prophecy..." He paused, clearly waiting for me to say the prophecy. 

In shadows cast, at seventeen's crest,
Child of Victory, his destiny blessed.
A best friend's fall, the cost that's paid,
Four gifts await, his strength displayed

In the
clash of titans, fate entwined, 
The Demi-god's path, both brave and blind.
Through storms of chaos, his fate drawn nigh,
In the final hour, he'll face Akeldama's might.

I let a tear fall "I was so scared of losing him this whole journey and I might lose him again next year, Percy. That's... I'm sorry we didnt tell you, Percy" I wipe a tear off my cheek "You have nothing to apologize for, my dear." we turned to the mysterious voice and standing on the hill was a tall woman in a white dress, her dark hair braided over her shoulder.

"Hera," Annabeth said. The goddess smiled. "You found the answers, as I knew you would. Your quest was a success." "A success?" Annabeth said. "Luke is gone. Daedalus is dead. Pan is dead. MY Boyfriend Might die next year. How is that—" "Our family is safe," Hera insisted. "Those others are better gone, my dear. I am proud of you." I balled my fists. I couldn't believe she was saying this. especially with what she was implying about Y/N. "You're the one who paid Geryon to let us through the ranch, weren't you?" Percy accused.

Hera shrugged. Her dress shimmered in rainbow colors. "I wanted to speed you on your way." "But you didn't care about Nico. You were happy to see him turned over to the Titans." "Oh, please." Hera waved her hand dismissively. "The son of Hades said it himself. No one wants him around. He does not belong."

"Hephaestus was right," Percy growled. "You only care about your perfect family, not real people." Her eyes turned dangerously bright. "Watch yourself, son of Poseidon. I guided you more than you know in the maze. I was at Y/N's side when he faced Geryon. I let his sword fly threw his skin. I sent you to Calypso's island. I opened the way to the Titan's mountain. Annabeth, my dear, surely you see how I've helped. I would welcome a sacrifice for my efforts."

I stood still as a statue. I could've said thank you. I could've promised to throw some barbecue on the brazier for Hera and forget the whole thing. But I clenched my jaw stubbornly. How dare she insult Y/N like that. I was about to get myself in serious trouble. I realized that was one of the things Y/N liked best about me.

"Percy is right." I turned my back on the goddess. "You're the one who doesn't belong, Queen Hera. So next time, thanks...but no thanks." Hera's sneer was worse than an empousa's . Her form began to glow. "You will regret this insult, Annabeth. You will regret this very much."

I averted my eyes as the goddess turned into her true divine form and disappeared in a blaze of light. The hilltop was peaceful again. Over at the pine tree, Peleus the dragon dozed under the Golden Fleece as if nothing had happened. "I'm sorry," I told Percy . "I—I should get back. I'll keep in touch."

"Listen, Annabeth—" He clearly wanted more info on what was going on with Y/N, and how over this adventure, we had grown kinda distant and we had been fighting more and how suddenly everything had gotten so complicated. I wanted to tell Percy that I didn't really want to be so distant from him, he's my best friend. but Argus honked the horn "You'd better get going," I said. "Take care, Seaweed Brain." I jogged down the hill. once I got down I immediately needed a recharge so I went for Y/N and locked our lips together "Oh! hi~" He said. God I cant wait to peg this boy.

(1166 Words)