I Find Out My Fate

~~~~~Annabeth's PΩV~~~~~

This has been the worst 2 weeks of my life. worse than when Thalia got turned into a tree. Worse than Luke's betrayal. Worse than- well you get the picture. Percy is......dead....and Y/N is on life support in the big house, Chiron keeps giving him nectar and ambrosia, but nothings working.

I remember getting back to camp and Chiron having to sit me down to explain to me that Y/N had got caught in the explosion that killed Percy and hit his head so hard he had internal bleeding. The nectar and ambrosia had stopped the internal bleeding but he was still passed out. No sign of waking up. I-I should have told him. I should've told him I loved him before this happened but I got cold feet.

"I love you" I whispered in his ear, I said it so many times as I sobbed into his pale shoulder "Please, come back to me. Don't leave me" I sobbed. "I Love you, You dumb beautiful bird."

~~~~~Y/N's PΩV~~~~~

I sat in complete darkness, I thought the underworld would be a little brighter than this but all well. I called out, no one answered. I pleaded to any gods that listened, to bring me back to Percy, To Grover, To Tyson, To Chimera, to Annabeth. oh gods...Annabeth, would I ever see her again?

then, In the middle of the darkness, a woman appeared, she looks alot like me....Nike, Goddess of Victory, Mom. she's wearing a glittering sleeveless dress, with her dark hair in piled-up braids circled with a gilded laurel wreath. Her expression is wide-eyed and a little crazy, like she'd just had twenty espressos and ridden a roller coaster. But that happy face changed the moment she looked at me to a look of sadness, like she had been preparing to look me in the eyes for the past 16 years.

I wanted to scream at her 'why did you leave me!?' but instead I said "Uh, Hi....Mom" I said as awkwardly as humanly possibly. she just smiled, now she just looked like a normal mom... "Uh, am I-" "Dead?" Her voice made me feel warm, safe, protected, But I guess that's just her being my mom. "No, my son, Your not dead, not yet."

"Not yet?" She looked to the ground, she wasn't prepared to tell me whatever she was going to tell me. she took a deep breath and spoke. to my surprise, She spoke my prophecy, word for word.

In shadows cast, at seventeen's crest,

A year, I only have a year before my destiny is forced upon me.

Child of Victory, his destiny blessed.

My gifts, Obviously.

A best friend's fall, the cost that's paid,

.....Donnie. god I'm sorry Donnie.

Four gifts await, his strength displayed.

Again my gifts "Mom, how does this help-" She held her hand up, she looked terrified. At first I was confused. then I saw the shadow behind her. It was massive and I could just make out the outline of a hideous monster. she continued.

In the clash of titans, fate entwined,

Next year, Percy's prophecy. The shadow got clearer, the creature was a blood red colour.

The Demi-god's path, both brave and blind.

My fatal flaw, not fearing death, It made me blind. the shadow got bigger and clearer. It appears as a colossal shadowy figure composed of dark clouds..it seemed to glow that same deep red colour.

Through storms of chaos, his fate drawn nigh,

Storms of chaos? what does that mean? ok...one last line..... when I tell you that the last line made my skin crawl. I looked at the shadow again, I could just make out a grin on the creatures face.

In the final hour, he'll face Akeldama's might.

...Who? who is that?, Mom came closer to me, she ran up to me with impossible speed and wrapped her arms around me. I hear her chock back a sob "I'm.....I'm so sorry baby, my darling Son....This is your fate, I've tried to help you, give you gifts so your fight may be just a little easier, but...." she cried into my hair. The shadow creature was clear now, It was tall and hideous, it's skin the colour of mortal blood and its grin made a chill go down my spin.

"You don't have long, My Son. me and my siblings have done every thing we can for now" She cupped my cheek. "we will join you in the fight, you wont go alone" I didnt like how she said 'go' "Be Strong, Be Brave, Be Victorious" she said, but I didn't think her blessing would help me much for this fight. "W-wait! w-who even is Akeldama?" I didn't get a response as I slowly faded back into darkness.

I woke up, screaming. I feel off my bed and crawled into the corner. I hear a very fast beeping sound and I ripped off a wire that connected me to one of those machines that track your heart beat, the beeping stopped. my breaths are fast, deep, and irregular. a Panic attack. I squeezed my fists till they bled, My eyes felt like sand and my head. gods my head was hurting like hell. I started remembering stuff, Percy, the explosion.....Annabeth!

I rush out of the big house, ignoring the white hot pain in my head and back and...well, my everything I noticed smoke rising from the amphitheater. Too early for a campfire, and I didn't figure they were roasting marshmallows. I ran toward it......my friends, Beckendorf, Silena, the twins, Chiron, Percy and Annabeth. I saw the abandoned long green silk burial cloth, embroidered with a trident, and set it on the flames. they must have thought Percy was dead.

Everyone was silent as Annabeth cried into Percy's shoulder "He....he might not wake up and-" She turned and her face went from destroyed to completely ecstatic in 0.5 seconds "BABY!" She yelled, everyone smiled and Annabeth basically pushed Silena and Travis to the ground, Silena was caught by Beckendorf and No one caught Travis and he fell to the floor.

"BABY BIRD!" She hugged me, she kissed me and she held me like if she let go I would disappear like monsters did. Normally this would cheer me right up no matter what mood I'm in. her just being near makes me feel better. I pulled away and her smile faded "...w-what is it? are you ok?" my ears started ringing "C-Chiron?" I asked, my vision was blurring so I couldn't see him "Yes, child?" 

"We need to talk"

(1068 words)