We Take a Zebra To Vegas (ReWrite)

Y/N POV:

I'm on the floor on my stomach as I move my wings around, see what they can do as Percy and Annie talk to Luke, We ran into Ares, and Grover got him talking and realized Ares knew who the thief was but was covering for them. So, who would Ares cover for other than... His favourite daughter. Clarisse is the lightning thief.

Luke made a joke about Percy and Annie acting like an old married couple, I feel my wings tense up as Annie stops the call when Percy mentions Luke's dad "What was that about?" Percy asked, "You can't ask Luke about his dad."

"Well, now I certainly can't." He says, I love his sarcasm "If you tell him we're going to see Hermes, he's gonna try to talk us out of it. We don't need that right now." "They don't get along?" He asked, "At all." Grover came up to us and spoke "Okay, got some updates. The men driving this truck are not nice people. Traffickers." Annie gets up "We can do our best to help all these animals escape, but not if it means we're jeopardizing the quest."

"Oh, no, no, no. They've already got a plan to get themselves out. And us, too. I mean, some of these guys, are so smart. They were only missing, like, one piece of the puzzle to get the cages unlocked." I look "What's that?" "Thumbs." "Yep, makes sense"

"But we're here now, so... all good. And once the cages are open, do they have a plan from there? Yeah. Elegant. I mean, these guys, they're... they're like artists."

-Timeskip-

we stand on the sidewalk as we watch the animals wander the streets "This seems dangerous." I say as I stretch my wings "Oh. They'll be fine. I gave them a Satyr's blessing, so they'll be able to reach the wilderness safely." "I meant for the people." Grover pauses "....Oh... Them. Well, I mean, I'm sure they'll... Yeah, I don't know. But the animals are all set." We all stare at the animals "Um...Okay, come on, before the cops show up." I say as we hear police siren blaring in the distance

"So, how do we know which hotel is the Lotus?" Percy asks, Annie looks behind us "I'm guessing the one with the giant lotus blossom on it." I smirk as I look over and see the building "....You were like two seconds ahead of me. Seriously." Percy says as we walk toward the building

-Timeskip-

..... there's a fucking roller-coaster inside this casino and Dua Lipa's "Levitating" play in the background "I know we're supposed to be saving the world, but would it be unprofessional if we just hung out here for a bit?" Percy asks, Annie brushes him off "We find Hermes, we get him to hook us up with a ride to Los Angeles and a plan to get into the Underworld, and we are out of here ten seconds later." She explains "Wait, hang on." Grover says

"What?" "Your mom told you all the stories. Did she read you the Odyssey?" "The graphic novel." We all give Percy a look, I hold back a laugh. "It counts. Odysseus lands on a beach. There are these guys who've forgotten where they came from, forgot everything important to them, and they got that way because they ate... The lotus flowers." I start to remember the Odyssey "If we go in there and then forget everything, that would be bad on several levels."

"But if Hermes is in there, though, then what choice do we have? What do you think, Wise Girl?" I ask ".....Just don't eat anything. " She looks at Grover as we start to walk "Wait, why were you looking at me when you said that?"

-Timeskip-

We have been searching for a good while and find nothing "This place is a lot bigger than it looked from the outside. He could be anywhere." Annie thinks for a moment "Let's split up." "I thought we didn't do that anymore. Also, you guys have seen him before, but I haven't. So I'm not gonna be much help alone, Neither is Y/N" Annie looks at Grover "Go check that side of the floor. I'll take Percy and Y/N this way. that way, One way or the other, we meet back in the lobby in 20 minutes."