I Get New Shoes

~~~~~Y/N's PΩV~~~~~

everything smelled like barbecue, The deck of the house was set up for a party. Streamers and balloons decorated the railing. Geryon was flipping burgers on a huge barbecue cooker made from an oil drum. Eurytion lounged at a picnic table, picking his fingernails with a knife. The two-headed dog sniffed the ribs and burgers that were frying on the grill.

Me and my friends: Tyson, Grover, Annabeth, and Nico are all tossed in a corner, tied up like rodeo animals, with our ankles and wrists roped together and our mouths gagged. Chimera was in a small cage of to the side, he had shrunk even smaller than his chihuahua form "Let us go!" I yelled turn the gag, but i came out like "Fet fus fo!"

Geryon turned. He wore an apron on each chest, with one word on each, so together they spelled out: KISS—THE—CHEF. as if anyone would ever kiss him. "No, I dont think I will, you stay there boy till your friend comes back" I knew he wasn't gonna let us go. Then he confirmed it "Well, You wont be let go anyway, if I let you lot go, I don't get paid."

"You promised!" or rather "fu fromifed" Is what came out. Geryon made atsk-tsk noise. "But did your little friend make me swear on the River Styx? No you didn't. So it's not binding. When you're conducting business, sonny, you should always get a binding oath."

Grover started shifting, alot more than he was before. I knew I could just snap these ropes like taffy, I look to Annabeth as if to ask 'If I break out of this and fight, is that breaking my promise?' she smiled (As much as you can smile when your gagged) as if to say 'Beat his ass for me, Baby'

I shifted and strained a bit in my ropes and SNAP! somehow they broke like they were made of rubber bands, before Geryon could ever react, I drew Νικητής, ran to him and sliced, he dodged just in time. I turned and was meet with a growling Orthus, it bared its fangs. I heard Chimera make his jumble of sounds from his cage, trying to protect me.

"Eurytion," Geryon said, "the boy is starting to annoy me. Kill him." Eurytion studied me. "Kill him yourself," Eurytion said. Geryon raised his eyebrows. "Excuse me?" "You heard me," Eurytion grumbled. "You keep sending me out to do your dirty work. You pick fights for no good reason, and I'm getting tired of dying for you. You want to fight the kid, do it yourself."

It was the most un- Ares-like thing I'd ever heard son of Ares say. Geryon threw down his spatula. "You dare defy me? I should fire you right now!" "And who'd take care of your cattle? Orthus , heel." The dog immediately stopped growling at Grover and came to sit by the cowherd's feet. "Fine!" Geryon snarled. "I'll deal with you later, after the boy is dead!"

He picked up two carving knives and threw them at me. I deflected one with my sword. The other impaled itself in the picnic table an inch from Eurytion's hand. "Move my friends, Dude!" I yelled at him and I went on the attack. Geryon parried my first strike with a pair of red-hot tongs and lunged at my face with a barbecue fork. I got inside his next thrust and stabbed him right through the middle chest.

" Aghhh!" He crumpled to his knees. I waited for him to disintegrate, the way monsters usually do. But instead he just grimaced and started to stand up. The wound in his chef's apron started to heal. "Nice try, sonny," he said. "Thing is, I have three hearts. The perfect backu-" I didnt let him finish, I pushed him to the ground raised my sword and stabbed again. 

He tipped over the barbecue, and coals spilled everywhere. One landed next to Annabeth's face, and she let out a muffled scream. OK, now i'm pissed. Tyson strained against his bonds, but even his strength wasn't enough to break them. I had to end this fight before my friends got hurt.

I jabbed Geryon in the left chest, but he only laughed. I stuck him in the right stomach. No good. I might as well have been sticking a sword in a teddy bear for all the reaction he showed. Three hearts. The perfect backup system. Stabbing one at a time was no good....