Fuck Octavian, That Scrawny Cunt

~~~~~3rd/Percy PΩV~~~~~

PERCY SLEPT LIKE A MEDUSA VICTIM – which is to say, like a rock. He hadn't crashed in a safe, comfortable bed since ... well, he couldn't even remember. Despite his insane day and the million thoughts running through his head, his body took over and said: You will sleep now.

He had dreams, of course. He always had dreams, but they passed like blurred images from the window of a train. He saw a curly-haired faun in ragged clothes running to catch up with him. 'I don't have any spare change,' Percy called. 'What?' the faun said. 'No, Percy. It's me, Grover! Stay put! We're on our way to find you. Tyson is close – at least we think he's the closest. We're trying to get a lock on your position.'

'What?' Percy called, but the faun disappeared in the fog. Then Calypso and a blonde girl came running along beside him, reaching out her hand. 'Thank the gods!' she called. 'For months and months we couldn't see you! Are you all right?'

Percy remembered what Juno had said – for  months he has been slumbering, but now he is awake. The goddess had intentionally kept him hidden, but why? 'Are you real?' he asked Calypso. He wanted so much to believe it that he felt like Hannibal the elephant was standing on his chest. But her face began to dissolve. the blonde yelled, 'Stay put! It'll be easier for Tyson to find you! Stay where you are!'

Then she was gone. The image changed, everyone he'd seen so far was in a marble room with throne, all mourning around someone, Percy got closer, the boy's face was blocked by his hair, he wore a big red hoodie and an orange under shirt. he was dead... was.

The boy suddenly turned his head toward Percy, his face drenched in shadows, his eyes just two white dots in the darkness. he stood up and leaped for Percy, but the images accelerated. now he saw a huge ship in a dry dock, workers scrambling to finish the hull, a guy with a blowtorch welding a bronze dragon figurehead to the prow. He saw the war god stalking towards him in the surf, a sword in his hands.

The scene shifted. Percy stood on the Field of Mars, looking up at the Berkeley Hills. Golden grass rippled, and a face appeared in the landscape – a sleeping woman, her features formed from shadows and folds in the terrain. Her eyes remained closed, but her voice spoke in Percy's mind: So this is the demigod who destroyed my son Kronos. You don't look like much, Percy Jackson, but you're valuable to me. Come north. Meet Alcyoneus. Juno can play her little games with Greeks and Romans, but in the end, you will be my pawn. You will be the key to the gods' defeat.

Percy's vision turned dark. He stood in a theatre-sized version of the camp's headquarters – a principia with walls of ice and freezing mist hanging in the air. The floor was littered with skeletons in Roman armor and Imperial gold weapons encrusted with frost. In the back of the room sat an enormous shadowy figure. His skin glinted with gold and silver, as if he were an automaton like Reyna's dogs.

Behind him stood a collection of ruined emblems, tattered banners and a large golden eagle on a staff of iron. The giant's voice boomed in the vast chamber. 'This will be fun, son of Neptune. It's been aeons since I broke a demigod of your calibre. I await you atop the ice.'

Percy woke, shivering. For a moment he didn't know where he was. Then he remembered: Camp Jupiter, the Fifth Cohort barracks. He lay in his bunk, staring at the ceiling and trying to control his racing heartbeat.

A golden giant was waiting to break him. Wonderful. But what unnerved him more was that sleeping woman's face in the hills. You will be my pawn. Percy didn't play chess, but he was pretty sure that being a pawn was bad. They died a lot. Percy was also concerned about the whole dead shadow face guy. 

Even the friendlier parts of his dream were disturbing. A faun named Grover was looking for him. Maybe that's why Don had detected a – what had he called it? – an empathy link. Somebody named Tyson was searching for him, too, and Calypso had warned Percy to stay where he was.