I Bring Over Cooked Charles To Camp

~~~~~Y/N's PΩV~~~~~

If you want to be popular at Camp Half-Blood, don't come back from a mission with the charred remains of your dead friend. Word of my arrival spread as soon as I came into view from the sky. I saw Percy, he ok, that great. but I have no clue how I lived. I might be one of my relatives or something. I crash landed on the beach and suddenly all the adrenaline rushed out of me.

I started sobbing as I held on to Beckendo- no, as I held onto Charles, He always said I was aloud to call him that. I couldn't even recognize him. when I managed to find him In the remains of the Princess Andromeda, He didn't even look like Charles anymore. His body smelt of burning flesh-Obviously- I looked up for a moment to see, Pollux (we had grow close after last summer) came rushing

"Y/N!" Pollux yelled, it was nice to hear his voice, but I was still sobbing "Y/N...i-is tha-" "I couldn't leave him Pollux" I said threw ugly sobs "I-I couldn't leave him- Not there" Pollux came up behind me and pulled me off Charles, Some Apollo medics came up and took his body away. I crawled into a ball, I leaned into Pollux as he held me. Why did I live? why not Charles? Why me?

Pollux scoped me up after a few more minutes of sobbing, we stopped at the dining pavilion and waited for Chiron. No sense rushing down there to tell them what a loser I was. I gazed across the valley and tried to remember how Camp Half-Blood looked the first time I ever saw it. That seemed like a bajillion years ago. From the dining pavilion, you could see pretty much everything. Hills ringed the valley. 

On the tallest, Half-Blood Hill, Thalia's pine tree stood with the Golden Fleece hanging from its branches, magically protecting the camp from its enemies. The guard dragon Peleus was so big now I could see him from here—curled around the tree trunk, lending up smoke signals as he snored.

To my right spread the woods. To my left, the canoe lake glittered and the climbing wall glowed from the lava pouring down its side. Thirteen cabins—one for each Olympian god and my mum, Nike—made a horseshoe pattern around the commons area. Farther south were the strawberry fields, the armory, and the four-story Big House with its sky blue paint job and its bronze eagle weathervane.

In some ways, the camp hadn't changed. But you couldn't see the war by looking at the buildings or the fields. You could see it in the faces of the demigods and satyrs and naiads coming up the hill. There weren't as many at camp as four summers ago. Some had left and never come back. Some had died fighting. Others—we tried not to talk about them—had gone over to the enemy.

The ones who were still here were battle-hardened and weary. There was little laughter at camp these days. Even the Hermes cabin didn't play so many pranks. It's hard to enjoy practical jokes when your whole life feels like one.

Chiron was already in the pavilion speaking to Percy, His beard had grown wilder over the summer. He wore a green T-shirt that said MY OTHER CAR IS A CENTAUR and a bow slung over his back. It was also amazing to see Percy was ok.

"Y/N!" he said. "Thank the gods. I thought you-." "BABY!" Annabeth ran in right behind him, and I'll admit my heart did a little relay race in my chest when I saw her. It's not that she tried to look good. We'd been doing so many combat missions lately, she hardly brushed her curly blond hair anymore, and she didn't care what clothes she was wearing—usually the same old orange camp T-shirt and jeans, and once in a while her bronze armor. Her eyes were stormy gray. She was beautiful, gorgeous, and Still, just seeing her made me feel fuzzy in the head.

She pulls me out of Pollux's arms and holds me "Your ok..." She kiss my lips "...The ship blew up," I said. "He wasn't destroyed. I don't know where—" "It's ok" She pulled me into her lap as she sat us down on the floor of the pavilion. "...I couldn't save him..."