I Break A Few Rocket Ships

~~~~~Y/N's PΩV~~~~~

You know, I kinda knew Percy was gonna follow us. But I didn't expect him to run into me and Thalia. He ran into us—literally. he was barreling up the ramp to the top-floor balcony and slammed into us, knocking her into an Apollo space capsule. Grover yelped in surprise when I fell on top of him.

Before I could regain my balance, Zoe and Bianca had arrows notched, aimed at Percy's chest. Their bows had just appeared out of nowhere. When Zoe realized who I was, she didn't seem eager to lower her bow. "You! How dare you show thy face here?"

"Percy!" Me and Grover said. "Thank goodness." Zoe glared at us, and Grover blushed. "I mean, um, gosh. You're not supposed to be here!" "Luke," I said, trying to catch my breath. "He's here." I balled my fists, and I put my hand on my necklace/sword. The anger in Thalia's eyes immediately melted. She put her hand on her silver bracelet. "Where?" I told them about the Natural History Museum, Dr. Thorn, Luke, and the General.

"The General is here?" Zoe looked stunned. "That is impossible! You lie." "Why would I lie? Look, there's no time. Skeleton warriors—" "Skeleton what? is the general Hades?" I asked. By the way Percy looked at me, it was clear I was wrong. "What?" Thalia demanded. "How many?"

"Twelve," Percy said. "And that's not all. That guy, the General, he said he was sending something, a 'playmate,' to distract you over here. A monster." Thalia and Grover exchanged looks.

"We were following Artemis's trail," Grover said. "I was pretty sure it led here. Some powerful monster scent... She must've stopped here looking for the mystery monster. But we haven't found anything yet."

"Zoe," Bianca said nervously, "if it is the General—" "It cannot be!" Zoe snapped. "Percy must have seen an Iris-message or some other illusion." "Illusions don't crack marble floors," Percy told her.

Zoe took a deep breath, trying to calm herself. I didn't know why she was taking it so personally, or how she knew this general guy, but I figured now wasn't the time to ask. "If Percy is telling the truth about the skeleton warriors," she said, "we have no time to argue. They are the worst, the most horrible... We must leave now."

"Good idea," Percy said. "I was not including thee, boy," Zoe said. "You are not part of this quest." "Hey, I'm trying to save your lives!" "You shouldn't have come, Percy," Thalia said grimly. "But you're here now. Come on. Let's get back to the van."

"That is not thy decision!" Zoe snapped. Thalia scowled at her. "You're not the boss here, Zoe. I don't care how old you are! You're still a conceited little brat!"

"You never had any wisdom when it came to boys," Zoe growled. "You never could leave them behind!"

Thalia looked like she was about to hit Zoe. I walked between them. I knew Thalia could defend herself, but I wouldn't let her get disrespected by this old hag. "Listen here you little- "Then everyone froze. I heard a growl so loud I thought one of the rocket engines was starting up.

Below us, a few adults screamed. A little kid's voice screeched with delight: "Kitty!" Something enormous bounded up the ramp. It was the size of a pickup truck, with silver claws and golden glittering fur. "The Nemean Lion," Thalia said. "Don't move." The lion roared so loud it parted my hair. Its fangs gleamed like stainless steel.

"Separate on my mark," Zoe said. "Try to keep it distracted." "Until when?" Grover asked. "Until I think of a way to kill it. Go!" I ripped off Νικητής, spread my wings and flew up. Arrows whistled past me, and Grover played a sharp tweet-tweet cadence on his reed pipes. I turned and saw Zoe and Bianca climbing the Apollo capsule.

They were firing arrows, one after another, all shattering harmlessly against the lion's metallic fur. I tried to slash at the lion, but i couldn't get close enough. The lion swiped the capsule and tipped it on its side, spilling the Hunters off the back. Grover played a frantic, horrible tune, and the lion turned toward him, but Thalia stepped into its path, holding up Aegis, and the lion recoiled. "ROOOAAAR!"