My Aunt Gives Me A Necklace

Y/N POV 

"You'd think he'd run out of rocks," I muttered, I hadn't had enough time with the fleece and my wings and now just very bruised arm were still hurting. "Swim for it!" Grover said. He and Clarisse plunged into the surf. Annabeth hung on to Clarisse's neck and tried to paddle with one hand, the wet Fleece weighing her down, I would have jumped in to but I was waiting for Tyson or Percy to help me, I unclasped my spear.

But the monster's attention wasn't on the Fleece. "You, young Cyclops!" Polyphemus roared. "Traitor to your kind!" Tyson froze. "Don't listen to him!" Percy pleaded. "Come on." he pulled Tyson's arm, but he might as well have been pulling a mountain. He turned and faced the older Cyclops. "I am not a traitor."

"You serve mortals!" Polyphemus shouted. "Thieving humans!" Polyphemus threw his first boulder. Tyson swatted it aside with his fist. "Not a traitor," Tyson said. "And you are not my kind." "Death or victory!" Polyphemus charged into the surf, but his foot was still wounded. He immediately stumbled and fell on his face. That would've been funny, except he started to get up again, spitting salt water and growling.

"Percy!" Clarisse yelled. "Come on!" They were almost to the ship with the Fleece. If I could just keep the monster distracted a little longer... "Go," Tyson told me. "I will hold Big Ugly." "No! He'll kill you." we'd already lost Tyson once. we wasn't going to lose him again. "We'll fight him together." Percy said "Together," Tyson agreed.

Percy drew his sword. Polyphemus advanced carefully, limping worse than ever. But there was nothing wrong with his throwing arm. He chucked his second boulder. I dove to one side, but I still would've been squashed if Tyson's fist hadn't blasted the rock to rubble.

Percy willed the sea to rise. A twenty-foot wave surged up, lifting me on its crest. I held onto Percy and we rode toward the Cyclops and Percy kicked him in the eye and I kicked him on his big fat nose, leaping over his head as the water blasted him onto the beach.

"Destroy you!" Polyphemus spluttered. "Fleece stealer!" "You stole the Fleece!" Percy yelled. "You've been using it to lure satyrs to their deaths!" "So? Satyrs good eating!"

"The Fleece should be used to heal! It belongs to the children of the gods!" "I am a child of the gods!" Polyphemus swiped at me, but leaped up with what little strength I had left, but Polyphemus hit me and I fly into a big pile of rock and my vision went blurry, I hear Tyson and Percy call out to me, but I fade into darkness. 

When I awoke, I was still on the Island, but it seemed blurry and it seemed to fade in and out of existence, the only real light was.....Aunt Bia "...Um.....Hi" She turned to me, she looked like one of my old teachers from preschool. She looked nothing like uncle Kratos other than their hair color, she also had a large cut on her throat, so that's why he voice was so groggy in my dreams.

"Nephew.....Welcome....I'm" "My Aunt Bia" She smiled, her smile was what I expected Hestia's smile to be like, Homey and Loving. "Yes....Come.....Forth" I walked towards her, she wrapped her arms around me and squeezed, I felt so safe "We....Dont...have.....long....waking...up....soon"

I felt my head go light, I'm starting to wake up, I must not have hit my head as hard as I thought. I looked at her scar and her smile dropped "Titans...." She said pointing to her throat, makes sense. "No....Matter.....Take....Your.....3rd....Gift" She lifted her hand and revealed a  necklace, it was gold with a wings shaped pendant.

Gift" She lifted her hand and revealed a  necklace, it was gold with a wings shaped pendant

(pretend its gold)

She put it on my neck "Pull....It...." I hesitantly pull down on it and it breaks off "OH! um s-sorry i didn't-" I stop because it starts to turn into the sword i saw in my dreams, It at first looked like a small triton, but then the middle spike grew and grew till it was the size of my arm.

" I hesitantly pull down on it and it breaks off "OH! um s-sorry i didn't-" I stop because it starts to turn into the sword i saw in my dreams, It at first looked like a small triton, but then the middle spike grew and grew till it was the size of...

"Woah, its..." It makes me feel mighty, powerful, Aunt Bia takes it and presses the bottom of it and it slowly turns back into a necklace, she puts it around my neck again and cups my cheek. "Go....My....Nephew....Wake....up" She kissed my forehead "You....are...Mighty"

the Cyclops roaring in triumph, "I did it! I finally sank Nobody!" I woke up, he did what? I stand up as if I didnt just get launched against rocks, I stand up and walk up to him "Oh, Really?" Polyphemus turned to me "Nobody!? Why wont you just die!!" HE stopped his foot and I felt my neck, my necklace sat around my neck, I grab the pointed bit and tug it off, it slowly turns into the triton like sword.

He reaches for me, I fly up and slash and cut his arm, I fly up and down, left and right, he's now confused and cant tell were I am, I slash down on his cut off a finger, my sword now drenched in blood. "AHHHH, CURSE YOU NOBODY!"

I don't let him speak again, I slash his throat, if he wasn't a monster he would've had a scar like Aunt Bia, but he's a monster so he held his neck in pain and slowly turned to dust, I knew he wasn't dead, he would be back after he reforms, but luckily I probably wont be alive by then. once he's completely gone, I see his dusty blind eye is the only thing that remains, a spoil of war.

I pick it up right as I hear "Y/N!" I look and see Percy, Annabeth and everyone else riding hippocampi away from the island. I push the button on the end of the sword and turn it back into a necklace and then I leap into the air and fly towards them, once I arrive and sit on Annabeth's Hippocampi, Grover yells "Your Ok!" "Yeah, head hurts though" Percy made us skim across the sea as the island shrank to a dot and then disappeared.

"Did it," Annabeth muttered in exhaustion. "We ..." She slumped against the neck of the hippocampus and instantly fell asleep. I didn't know how far the hippocampi could take us. I didn't know where we were going. I just propped up Annabeth so she wouldn't fall off, covered her in the Golden Fleece that we'd been through so much to get, and said a silent prayer of thanks to my Aunt Bia.

One gift left, Uncle Zelus 

"You're a genius," I told Annabeth quietly. Then I put my head against the Fleece, and before I knew it, I was asleep, too.

(1161 words)