We Go Underground

~~~~~Y/N's PΩV~~~~~

Luckily, no weird demi-god dreams last night. I just woke up to the smell fur of chimera and Jörmungandr trying to eat my arm. Just after dawn, the quest group met at Zeus's Fist. I'd packed my knapsack—thermos with nectar, baggie of ambrosia, bedroll, rope, clothes, flashlights, and lots of extra batteries and I had Νικητής around my neck. It was a clear morning. The fog had burned off and the sky was blue. Campers would be having their lessons today, flying pegasi and practicing archery and scaling the lava wall. Meanwhile, we could be heading underground. Yay.

Chimera defiantly wasn't excited to go underground but he didn't really have a choice, especially after hearing the prophecy, I would need their help protecting Annabeth. Juniper and Grover stood apart from the group. Juniper had been crying again, but she was trying to keep it together for Grover's sake. She kept fussing with his clothes, straightening his rasta cap and brushing goat fur off his shirt. Since we had no idea what we would encounter, he was dressed as a human, with the cap to hide his horns, and jeans, fake feet, and sneakers to hide his goat legs.

Chiron, Quintus, and Mrs. O'Leary stood with the other campers who'd come to wish us well, but there was too much activity for it to feel like a happy send-off. A couple of tents had been set up by the rocks for guard duty. Beckendorf and his siblings were working on a line of defensive spikes and trenches.

Chiron had decided we needed to guard the Labyrinth exit at all times, just in case. Annabeth was doing one last check on her supply pack. When Tyson and Percy came over, I frowned. "Jesus, Percy, you look terrible."

"He killed the water fountain last night," Tyson confided. "Ex-Squeeze me?" I asked. Before Percy could explain, Chiron trotted over. "Well, it appears you are ready!" He tried to sound upbeat, but I could tell he was anxious. "Well, you know, as ready as you can be when your about to go into a infinite maze that's designed to drive you insane" Annabeth gave me a look, and Percy spoke "Hey, uh, Chiron, can I ask you a favor while I'm gone?"

"Of course, my boy." "Be right back, guys." I nodded toward the woods. Chiron asked an eyebrow, but he followed him out of earshot. "....you think he's ok?" Annabeth just looked to the ground, she hadn't gotten much sleep last night and had bags under her eyes, "He's Percy, when is he ever ok?" I laughed but them got a look from Annabeth, that's her 'I wanna talk' look.

"What is it babe?" I took her hands in my own and waited, she took a deep breath and looked me in the eyes "Promise me" "Huh?" "Promise me, you wont do anything stupid, or reckless or....idk something that might get you killed" I remember back to the last line if the prophecy "....I-I promise" She smiled "Good" She kisses me and rubs circles on my neck. 

after a bit of waiting we walked over to the rocks, where Tyson and Grover were waiting. Percy soon joined us too. I stared at the crack between the boulders—the entrance that was about to swallow us. Sobek made a low 'Grrrrr' sound, he was obvious not excited to do this.

"Well," Grover said nervously, "good-bye sunshine." "Hello rocks," Tyson agreed. And together, we descended into the darkness of the labyrinth.

(589 Words)

haven't made a short chapter in awhile.