Our Way Of Flirting

"Shhh, Y/N" Matthew said quietly, Bobby was also next to me, Annie's dad had taken her out, and they were about to get back. I looked at the house, we had put up many party decor and a big happy birthday sign above the door "You be quiet, Muffin Head" I said back, He almost talked back, but we hear key's outside the door jingle.

Bobby brightened the room by flipping the light switch when the door opened. "SURPRISE!" we all yelled. Annie smiled. "What is this?" "It's your birthday, Wise Girl" She smiled at me, her cheeks dusting pink. "well no duh, Bird brain. but what is this?" I don't respond.

"Come on, Annabeth!" Matthew said, gesturing to the presents we got and the cake her step-mom made before she went out. (she didn't want to be included) There were 3 presents on the table.

The first, from her half-brothers, was a stuffed dog they bought with their chore money. The second present, from her dad, was an envelope filled with cash. 200 dollars. He apologized daily since our arrival, so this must be for that.

And my present. When she opened it her eyes softened, It was a book about architects and lying on top was a necklace I had bought with some money I had left over from camp "Y/N....you didn't have to" "What are you talking about, Wise Girl. It's your birthday, and I wanted to get you something special" she smiled, I haven't seen her smile since before Luke.... well, you know.

So it was nice to see her smile again.

"Thanks, Birdie" She kissed my cheek when her dad went to go get the cake, I felt my cheeks get red hot and I couldn't speak "I-I um well....I..." I can't fucking speak, she just giggled and walked towards the cake that her dad was now being lighted.

The FUCK!?

-Timeskip-

September

Annie sits on the couch as we watch a movie. I'm almost asleep and am leaning on Annie's shoulder. Her arm is around me and playing with one of my feathers. Her dad came up behind us. "Well don't you two look good together?" Annie blushes but ignores him, I look at him and he winks. does....he know?

-Timeskip-

October

It was Halloween Night, Matthew and Bobby dressed up as Batman and Superman and they forced Fredrick dress up as Robin, he didn't seem to mind though. Annie almost didnt dress up, but I used my boyish charm to per sway her to match with me, we dressed up as Hercules and Megara from 'Hercules'

She looked incredible.

It felt fitting, given what we are. She laughed when I would pretend to flex my foam muscles. I wondered what Heracles would say about his movie if he saw it? never mind that. as we went from house to house, we got a shit ton of candy, we were gonna have a massive sugar high.

-Timeskip-

December. Christmas Time.

I'm surprised that we haven't had to deal with any monsters since we arrived at Annie's house, but we haven't stopped training. At. all.

Me and Annie right now are practically at each other's throats, her dagger almost cuts my thigh and my spear almost hits her shoulder "Oh come on Birdie, You can do better than that" In case you couldn't tell, this was flirting for. Like. Heavy Flirting. We both bleeding on the floor as we keep challenging each other. Her being the child of Athena and me the child of Nike, neither of us was willing to give up.

She jumped around me and pinned my arms around my back, causing me to drop my spear. She twisted me around and threw me to the ground. I felt the wind get blown out of me. We also have a rule that the only way to win is to pin the other..... because we took insertion from WWE..... Not because..... shut up.

She sat on my back and pinned my wings down. "Give.... Up?" she was completely out of breath ".... UGH, F-Fine" I rolled so she now sat on my chest. I sighed in defeat as she giggled, "What's....so....funny?" She smirked. "You're so cute under me" I turned red. 

"ok, get off" she got off and offered me her hand, I take it and she pulls me to my feet. Annie's Step-Mom called us inside "Come on. Lets go" I followed behind, still deep red. Fredrick felt my forehead "are you getting sick, Y/N?" I don't respond because I cant take my eyes off Annabeth

(733 words)