Chapter 7

There was an aggressive knock at my door almost the second that I shut it. I pulled it open and saw Trevor intently looking at me.

"Um, hi?" I said to him.

"Excuse me," he said as he stepped his way past me and into the apartment, "did I just see you out in the hallway playing tonsil hockey with Theo?!"

"What??" I said, starting to feel embarrassed, "how did you -?"

"Well, I open my door to leave, and there you two are just goin' at it!" Trevor said, "so I shut my door real fast."

"Oh my gosh," I said as I put my face in my hand, "so that's what I heard."

"Hey, good for you honestly," Trevor said.

"Yeah," I sighed, "I don't know about that...I didn't really plan on that happening."

"Madison, when you're in love...you're in love," Trevor said as he batted his eyelashes at me.

"Would you knock it off," I said with a laugh.

"I told you before, I call it like I see it," he said in response.

"Mhmm, totally just oh so in love," I said sarcastically, playing along.

"So when are you seeing him again?" Trevor asked.

"Tomorrow," I said plainly.

"Tomorrow already?!" Trevor said excitedly.

"Yes, I need coffee in the morning Trevor," I smirked at him as the realization came across his face.

"You're not very nice, you know?" He said in response.

"I don't know, I thought it was pretty funny," I grinned.

Trevor decided he had gotten enough information out of me a few minutes later and went back across the hall to his apartment. Shortly after he left, I settled into my bed for the night, and fell into one of the best sleeps I'd had for a while.

***

I woke up the next morning and hurriedly got ready so I could go and get coffee...and see Theo of course.

I walked into the shop and it was a little more crowded than it had been the past couple of days. I decided to sit down at a table and wait for the line to die down, I had plenty of time.

Once the crowd had cleared out some, I looked up and saw Theo approaching my table.

"Good morning," he said as he sat down next to me.

"Shouldn't you be working or something?" I asked him with a grin.

"Probably, but someone just came in that caught my eye, so I had to take a break," he said as he leaned over and gave me a quick kiss on the lips.

"That was quite the line, does it usually work for you?" I asked him.

"I don't know," he contemplated, "did it work just now?"

"I guess it kind of did," I said as my face got warmer.

"See?" He grinned at me.

"Hey you know what I realized I didn't do last night?" Theo continued.

"What?" I asked him.

"Let me see your phone," he said as he held out his hand.

I pulled it out of my purse and handed it to him and watched as he saved his number.

"There," he said, "now stay right here and I'll go make your coffee."

I smiled to myself as I watched him walk away. If he was a fuck boy like Trevor said he had heard, he definitely wasn't showing it yet.