Chapter 28

I met up with Natalie in the parking lot after work.

"Want to walk with me?" I asked her.

"Yeah sure, let's go," she responded.

"How long do you think it's going to be before people at work start to figure us out?" Natalie continued, "or until you want them to figure us out?"

Natalie grinned over at me as we walked, and I really wasn't sure if I knew the answer.

"Well if you don't stop shoving me up against walls and trying to kiss me, I don't think it's going to take them very long," I said as I glanced over at her.

"I didn't try to shove you up against a wall and kiss you...I did shove you up against a wall and kiss you," Natalie said with a proud look on her face.

I rolled my eyes at her and tried not to laugh as we kept walking.

We got to my apartment a few minutes later and we both set our things down once we were inside.

"Nice place," Natalie said as she looked around.

"Thanks, sorry it doesn't have a balcony," I said with a smirk.

"Oh I'm sure we can still figure something out," she responded.

Natalie walked over to me and put her hands on my hips as she backed me up to the couch. I sat down and she crawled on over top of me and straddled my lap. It was giving me flashbacks of the other night, and I wasn't mad about it.

"Is this all we're going to do when we're together?" I asked her teasingly.

"Maybe," she said.

She put her hand on the back of my head and leaned down to kiss me.

"Are you saying you don't want to do this?" She asked me as she pulled back slightly.

"No I definitely did not say that," I put my hands on her back and pressed my lips against hers.

"Besides," she said in between kisses, "this is a lot of years of sexual tension built up, obviously we have a lot to get out of our systems right away."

I smiled against her lips as the kiss continued. Natalie's free hand moved up to my shoulder and she started to push my jacket off, just as there was a knock at the door.

"Damn it," I said with a sigh as I leaned my forehead against hers, "sorry, hold on."

She crawled off of my lap and sat on the couch as I got up and walked towards the door. I was trying to pull my jacket back on as I opened it and saw Trevor on the other side.

"Hey Ma - " he stopped mid sentence when he saw Natalie sitting there and saw me trying to get my jacket back on.

"Ohh, I'm interrupting...oops," he said with a grin.

"You're fine, come on," I said as I motioned him inside.

"Hello again Natalie," he said, "sorry for killing the mood."

"It's fine," she said with a laugh.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come back later?" Trevor asked, "I was just stopping by to say hi."

"No, no, it's really okay," I insisted, "we were just um, hanging out."

I cleared my throat as I sat down next to Natalie and I saw the suspicious look that Trevor gave me.

"Uh huh, hanging out," he said, using air quotes.

"Natalie if you didn't realize this before when you were dating his brother, Trevor likes to do his best to make everything awkward," I said jokingly.

"Yeah you know, I had kind of gathered that," she said with a grin.

"It's a talent I have," Trevor said as he sat down.

"Hey speaking of awkward," he continued, "how about that asshole Theo this morning?"

I saw Natalie quickly look over at me out of the corner of her eye. I hadn't kept this from her because I was trying to hide it, I just assumed that Theo was a sore subject between the two of us.

From the look that she was giving me, my assumption was correct.

"Yeah that was weird," I said before turning to face Natalie, "he just got all worked up with me this morning when I went to get coffee."

"Really? Why?" She asked.

"He asked if I wanted to hang out again sometime and got weirdly mad when I told him no," I explained, "I thought I had kind of made that clear to him...but I guess not."

"Weird..." Natalie said quietly.

"Don't worry, I would've beat his ass if he got too worked up," Trevor said proudly.

"Glad you ended up being there to protect her," Natalie said with a sarcastic grin.

I'm not sure if Trevor actually would beat anyone up, but he definitely looked like he could if he wanted to. I was glad that he had shown up.

"I mean I did try to warn you about him" Trevor said, "just sayin."

"Okay can we be done talking about Theo now?" I quickly asked.

Natalie was sitting there looking uncomfortable, and I was eager to move on from the topic.

"Right, right, my bad," Trevor said, "anyway, I'll let you two get back to...whatever you were about to do."

Trevor stood up and walked towards my door as I shook my head and hid my face behind my hand.

"Thank you for that Trevor, always a pleasure," I said with a grin.

"Later Trevor," Natalie said.

He smirked at us and wiggled his eyebrows as he walked out.

"He's the worst," I said with a laugh.

"Good thing he was there this morning though," Natalie said.

"I would've been fine, it wasn't a big deal," I reassured her, "but yeah I'm still glad he happened to show up."

"Maybe you should find a new coffee place to stop at," Natalie said as she glanced over at me.

"Natalie," I said as I turned to face her, "you know I have zero feelings for him anymore, right?"

"I know, I believe you," she responded with a small nod, "he just seems like a jackass, and like he can get worked up pretty quickly."

"Well I don't really blame him for being mad at me, but I do appreciate your concern," I told her with a grin, "I would be fine, but yeah I'll probably find a different place to stop anyway."

"Why would he have a reason to be mad at you?" She asked.

"I mean..." I said hesitantly, "I did kind of invite him back to my place and then barely talk to him after that. I do feel bad."

"Oh...right," Natalie said.

"I should've explained things to him a little more but I don't know, I panicked," I said.

Natalie nodded and looked down at her lap, nothing like an awkward conversation to kill the mood.

"But anyway," I said, trying to steer us towards another topic, "weren't we in the middle of something before Trevor came over?"

             ————————————————-