Chapter 18

I woke up the next morning with a headache and an empty spot in the bed next to me. I grabbed my phone and saw a text from Theo.

"Morning, sorry I had to take off, didn't want to wake you."

At least he explained himself, but still kind of weird that he left.

"No worries, thanks for letting me know," I responded.

I put my phone down on the bed next to me and stared up at the ceiling. I was already regretting my decisions from last night.

It wasn't that sleeping with Theo was such a terrible thing, although it did happen a lot sooner than it usually did for me. It was the fact that I had let myself kiss Natalie, and then went home and had sex with Theo.

Apparently I was taking "getting to know them" to a whole new level. Maybe this was why I didn't usually drink much. Apparently alcohol turned me into a little bit of a slut.

"Fuck," I said to myself as I sat up in bed and rubbed my eyes.

Maybe Natalie kissing me and then walking off had prompted me to sleep with Theo. Hell, I didn't know.

I got out of bed and made myself look presentable before I made a cup of coffee. I walked across the hallway and quietly knocked on Trevor's door.

"Morni - " he started to say, but he stopped abruptly when he looked at me.

"Okay I know this is going to sound mean but uh...you look rough," he continued.

"Yeah, I know," I responded as I rubbed my head, "can I come in?"

"Oh! Yes, sorry, come on," he quickly moved aside and let me in and shut the door behind us.

I walked in and sat on his couch and silently sipped my coffee.

"So...what's going on exactly?" Trevor asked me as he sat down in the spot next to me.

"I think I fucked up last night," I said.

"Okay, not vague at all," Trevor responded, "what happened?"

"Well I - I went out to that club with Theo, and Natalie knew I would be there and she showed up," I explained.

"Oh boy," Trevor quickly said.

"So when Theo was gone for a few minutes," I continued with a sigh, "Natalie kissed me, and then she left."

I paused and waited for Trevor to say something, but it seemed like he was letting me continue.

"And then um," I didn't really want to admit this part, but I did anyway, "Theo came back to my place and we uh...we slept together."

Trevor's eyes widened, "okay I'll admit, I did not see that coming."

"Yeah, me either," I admitted, "I don't know what the hell I'm doing."

"I mean, that just sounds like a regular Friday night for me," he said as he looked over to me and grinned.

"Not helping," I responded.

"Oh come on, I'm just saying! Look, from what I gather, you don't usually do things like this, but that doesn't mean it's terrible," he said.

"I don't know, it seems like it was pretty terrible to me. I drank too much and then it went downhill from there," I told him.

"Madison," Trevor said to me sternly, "you've made it pretty clear to both of these people that you're not sure what you want and you need to figure things out, right?"

I nodded silently.

"Okay, then you should have nothing to feel bad about. Is it great that you did both of those things in the same night? Maybe not," Trevor grinned, "but you were drunk, and you're not dating anyone...you're fine."

"Thanks Trevor," I said as I looked down at the floor, "I still don't feel great about it though."

"Maybe you should sleep with Natalie, even things out, you know," Trevor said with a big grin on his face.

"Not yet," I said sarcastically.

"Not yet huh? I'll take it," Trevor said, "but you really should so you can compare and contrast."

"Okay Trevor, that's enough advice from you for one day," I responded.

I stood up from the couch and started to walk towards the door but Trevor's voice stopped me.

"Hey, but in all seriousness, be careful how far you take the back and forth thing with these two. I get the feeling that you're way too innocent to be doing this for too long," he grinned.

"Thanks Trevor...I think," I said.

I waved at him as I walked to the door.

"See you later," he said from behind me.

***

I didn't talk to Theo or Natalie much for the rest of the weekend, I thought it was probably best that way.

When it came time to go to work on Monday morning, I was very nervous. I just hoped that Natalie wouldn't ask me much about my night with Theo, because I was a bad liar.

I decided to make my own coffee so I wouldn't have to run into Theo. My only method for dealing with this right now was avoiding it.

When I got up to my office that morning, Natalie arrived just a few minutes later.

"Morning," she said as she leaned against my doorway, "how was the rest of your night?"

She smirked at me as she waited for an answer. Did it really have to be the first thing she asked me?

"Uh, it was okay," I said hesitantly, "I don't really want to talk about it to be honest."

"Oh, that's fine, sorry," Natalie responded.

She turned around to leave but stopped as she faced me again.

"Hey do you want to do lunch today?" She asked.

She was really testing me today, but I was still trying to make sure things didn't get too weird between us.

"Sure," I said with a nod.

"Good, I'll come by later," she said with a grin.

She walked out of my office and I sighed, I really had to focus on not letting this get too messy. And I needed to make up my mind and decide what I wanted before I hurt anyone, or hurt myself.

—————————————————-