Chapter 42

"Are you really going to hold me like this until the cops get here?" Kyle said in a muffled voice.

"Sure fuckin' am," Trevor said as he pushed forward on Kyle's head again.

He groaned as his face pressed against the wall and Natalie and I both smiled. He deserved it.

"You guys don't have to wait out here if you don't want to," Trevor said as he looked back at us.

"I'm not sure if I trust you alone with that asshole," I grinned at Trevor.

"Fair," he shrugged.

"I don't see the problem..." Natalie said.

I nudged her shoulder and shook my head at her.

"I'm good waiting though," I said.

"Yeah I'd definitely like to be here to see this," Natalie agreed.

I could barely hear Kyle as he scoffed and struggled against Trevor's grip again. It only motivated Trevor to be more forceful with him, and I was probably enjoying it way more than I should have been.

It was only a few minutes before the cops showed up and took Kyle away. I knew this wasn't a permanent solution, but I was hoping that with all he'd done we would at least get a good restraining order out of it.

We each took our turn briefly speaking to the police before they left, and I finally felt like I could breathe a sigh of relief.

Trevor came over to my place and we all sat down in the living room.

"So are you two..." Trevor asked hesitantly.

"We're good now," Natalie quickly said.

"Oh that's right, I forgot that you didn't hear that part," I started to explain, "Kyle broke in to her damn apartment a few weeks ago and said he would leave us alone if she stopped seeing me."

Natalie grimaced as I told Trevor and his mouth dropped open.

"Yeah, my thoughts exactly," I said to him.

"He - he seriously did that?" Trevor asked in disbelief.

"Yup," Natalie nodded, "wasn't the most pleasant experience I've ever had to say the least."

"Damn I wouldn't think so," Trevor said, "but hey, at least I finally got to punch that fucking smirk off of his face."

"That you did Trev," I said with a grin, "thanks again by the way."

"Of course," he said, "and remember I did offer to do that a while ago."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah" I responded.

"Alright," Trevor said as he stood up, "I'd imagine you two probably have some catching up to do, but I'll talk to you soon."

"See you later Trevor," Natalie said.

"Bye Trev, thanks for being our knight in shining armor," I said to him.

"Oh it was nothing," he said as he jokingly flexed his muscles and walked out the door.

Natalie and I sat there and laughed and I shook my head at him.

"Seriously though," I said, "thank God he was here."

"I know, that could've ended a lot worse than it did," Natalie agreed.

An awkward silence hung in the air between us for a brief moment as we both felt the weight of what had happened the last few weeks.

"I'm uh - I'm sorry again for not telling you about Kyle sooner," Natalie said, "we could have avoided all of this."

"And I'm sorry for how harsh I was...I didn't know what else to do," she continued.

"Natalie it's fine, I promise," I said as I rested my hand on her leg, "I'm just glad that I have an explanation for all of this now."

"Well I'm all yours now, if you'll have me that is..." Natalie said as she looked over at me.

"Hmm," I pondered jokingly, "I might have to think about it."

"Oh really?" Natalie asked as she raised her eyebrows at me, "maybe I can find a way to convince you."

I tried to keep a straight face and pretend like I was still thinking about it, but it was useless. I was too happy and relieved to have all of this behind us.

Natalie reached over and took my chin in her hand and turned my face towards hers. She leaned in close to me, but before our lips connected, she stopped.

"I hope this doesn't scare you off," she started, her thumb tracing along the side of my jaw, "but I kind of think I'm falling in love with you."

My heart felt like it stopped momentarily when I heard those words come out of Natalie's mouth, but it definitely wasn't going to scare me off.

"Kind of thinking that doesn't sound very convincing," I said to her as I closed the distance between us.

I felt the electricity shoot through my body as our lips met. I had been missing this more than I cared to admit.

I pulled back slightly and looked her in the eyes.

"I also kind of, maybe, might, think I'm falling love with you too," I said to her teasingly.

"You're not very nice," she said with a grin.

"Well I do mean that, if that makes up for anything," I responded with a serious look.

"Really?" Natalie asked.

I nodded in response, "I think that became painfully obvious these last few weeks, I was a mess."

"Me too," she agreed, "that was not fun."

"I know being all mushy isn't my usual," Natalie continued, "but I really missed you, that fucking sucked."

She reached up and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear before leaning in to kiss me again. I rested my hands on her waist, and couldn't remember the last time I'd felt this happy.

"Hey, speaking of scaring people off," I said as we both pulled back, "I kind of have this crazy idea."

"Oh yeah?" Natalie said, "I think it would be pretty hard to scare me off after all of the shit we've just been through. Try me."

I took a deep breath and thought about exactly what I wanted to say.

"Why don't you move in with me? I mean - okay that sounds even crazier now that I said it out loud." I admitted.

"You know I've always liked a little bit of craziness," Natalie said as she grinned at me.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Mhmm," she said, "before um, well before everything that happened, I was over here almost every night, so why not?"

A grin spread across my face as I pressed my lips against hers.

"Let's do it then," I said.

                  ———————————————