Chapter 10

I shrugged at Trevor's surprised response, I wasn't really sure what else to say.

"I didn't know you were - " he started.

"I don't really know what I am," I said with a laugh, "I thought it was kind of just a phase or something with her but...I don't know now. Seeing her again has definitely made things much more complicated."

"Still catching the feels, huh?" He asked me.

I nodded in agreement, I wasn't really sure what the feelings were yet, but they were there.

"So you've never been with or had feelings for any other girl before?" He asked.

"Sorry if that's too forward," he quickly added.

"No you're fine," I responded, "but no I haven't, just her I guess...but she never knew that."

"This just keeps getting more and more interesting!" Trevor said.

"Yeah, yeah, I know, don't remind me," I said with a grin.

"Do you know if she was ever interested in you that way? Or anyone else...that also doesn't have a dick?" Trevor asked.

"Oh my God Trevor," I said as I held back laughter.

"It's a valid question!" He said defensively.

"It is, I just was not expecting you to say it that way," I said in response, "and to answer your question, not that I know of."

"Maybe you should ask her about it then," Trevor said.

"I can't just come out and ask her that! Especially when she's acted like she's hated me since I've been back," I quickly said.

Trevor shrugged as he stood up.

"Might be worth a try though," he said.

"Damn it, I don't know," I sighed and leaned back against the couch.

"Hey, I have to go get dinner ready," Trevor said, "my brother and his girlfriend are coming over soon, but why don't you come join us? Seems like you could use a distraction."

"You're probably right, I'll come over in a bit. Thanks Trevor," I said.

"Of course, and I'm a great cook so that's an added bonus for you," he said as he waved and walked out.

I shook my head and laughed at him, he was a pretty good distraction.

I finished doing a few things around my apartment and then walked across the hall to Trevor's. I knocked lightly on the door and heard footsteps approaching.

"Yeah I can't stay long though," I heard a voice say as the door opened.

I furrowed my brow in confusion when I realized I was face to face with Eli.

"Oh hey," he said as he turned to face me.

"Eli?" I said as I looked up and saw Natalie come in the room behind him.

This was just great, what were the chances? Natalie's gaze met mine and she looked about as surprised as I was.

"Hi," I said to her as I waved awkwardly.

Eli stepped aside to let me inside and I saw Trevor walking up behind the two of them.

"Hey you made it!" He said to me, "how do you know Eli?"

He must have heard us from the other room.

"Oh, I don't really - " I started, trying to figure out how to explain this.