5. 놀람

It was the first holiday for Junkyu to spend in Jihoon's abode, a normal, sunny day. A day to relax. He had no business waking up early, but for a few reasons he did, one of them was to prepare for the first tutoring session he was about to take. He didn't lie when he said he never taught anyone before. He wasn't that bright a student himself, so teaching others was harder than usual for him. Still, since he got the offer in huge financial drought, he decided not to blow the chance. So he downloaded some pdfs of what Yoshi had briefed the college student would learn, and went through them taking special notes at times. It took him a long time to finish, but he was kinda confident. By the time he was done, Jihoon had woken up and they had breakfast together.

Unlike last night, Jihoon encouraged him. He told Junkyu that everything's gonna work out fine, that he'd do well and no one could say no to that cute face. The way he said it felt harmless but Junkyu still choked on air. The breakfast ended in a good note though. Jihoon wished him luck, even asked him if he needed a ride or not. Of course, Junkyu declined, but he was grateful nonetheless.

Gosh, he desperately wanted to do something for Jihoon, as small as it could be, he just wanted to return if not all, at least some of the favour.

Cause Jihoon's unbound kindness deserved the world.

Like the latter said, the session went pretty well. The student was a Japanese young adult, named Watanabe Haruto, known by Yoshi for being distant cousins. He was a polite guy, intimidating looking at first glance, but he was smiling and giggling seeing Junkyu's cute antics during the latter half of the session. Yes, the elder struggled with the lessons, but Haruto did not judge him, instead, he offered Junkyu the first month's payment in advance. Albeit hesitant at first, Junkyu took it. He had no choice, he was short on money anyway.

Yet, the first thing he thought of was to buy something for Jihoon, his ultimate saviour. Now of course, even five times his salary wouldn't make it possible to buy clothes on the same league, yet, he looked for a decent looking denim jacket within his budget, and actually bought one he thought would look good on his friend. He knew by then what Jihoon liked to wear, a denim jacket was probably up his alley. He also bought desserts, two slices of blueberry cheesecakes for both of them. When he returned, it was past lunch hour, but Jihoon waited for him.

"Kim Kyu!! You're back!" Jihoon cheered as he found the other waiting outside his door. "How did it go?" He walked out, in his thin white vest and sky blue shorts. Junkyu accidentally took a glance at those arms- Jihoon had super sexy arms! Thin, yet built with muscles. Not too much to make you feel suffocated, but good enough to make him look strong and capable. So much in contrast with his cute, baby face. Junkyu loved guys with similar structures.

'Back to reality, Junkyu!'

"Pretty good." He answered, "Haruto's a nice kid."

"Haruto? Not Korean?" Jihoon asked.

"Japanese actually, Yoshi's cousin you can say."

"Ohh, that explains stuff." Jihoon nodded, "Well, good for you then."

"Yeah." Junkyu smiled, "I got my salary in advance, so I thought- I got something for you."

"For me?" Jihoon looked quite surprised, not dejected at all, although he kept saying that Junkyu shouldn't have spent his salary this way.

"It's nothing compared to what you've done for me, but- here." He gave Jihoon the jacket, "It's not as expensive as those you wear, but... I think it's gonna look good on you."

"Really?" Jihoon couldn't but grin. Sure he had tons of clothes, his parents always bought him more than he required, loaded his bank account so that he could spend money like it's nothing- but the samll gift from Junkyu meant a lot. Like he couldn't but think about the sacrifice made for it- he knew how much even a small amount of money meant to Junkyu. Yet, the latter chose to spend for him, no matter the reason, he felt happy. He never really received the affection a child should, since he was left alone in Korea by his parents in the huge house and so many trusted workers at a fairly young age. He got the first bit from his friends, but from Junkyu it was different. It hit harder. It hit better. It felt like- a form of love.