18. 고백

In the afternoon light, when Haruto spotted his crush walking with a black shirt and blue jeans, a smile naturally broke on his lips. He lifted one arm, gave a good wave directed at the somewhat wary looking man, but Junkyu smiled the same way as him the moment they met eyes. The younger made a small run to catch up to his hyung. In his light blue cardigan over a half sleeve white shirt and silver baggy jeans, he looked as stunning as ever.

"Hyung!" He excitedly greeted the other. Junkyu, he didn't even wear a single piece of jewellery; his pretty face acted as the ornamentation instead. Haruto couldn't but take in the beauty of that wonderful proportion.

"Am a bit late, sorry." Junkyu bowed. Although the younger waved it away, he couldn't help thinking about the incident happening right before he had left Jihoon's house. He told his friend about the hangout with Haruto, at which he was unnecessarily riled up, kept mentioning lame reasons why Junkyu should cancel it. Of course, the latter valued his promise and disregarded everything Jihoon said. They had a small fight, so Junkyu walked out, annoyed to no bounds. He didn't understand anything- Jihoon was so shady sometimes!

Watching a happy Haruto eased him though. So, he added, "You look good, Ruto! Nice outfit."

"Really?" Haruto grinned. His whole life, he always received compliments about his look- but getting it from Junkyu gave him butterflies. He replied, "You too, hyung! Black suits you."

"Thanks." Junkyu smiled. He then looked around, asking, "Shall we ride the bus?"

"Let's get a taxi instead." Offered Haruto, then with his hyung's approval, called one to take them to the destination. The biggest amusement park in the town. Junkyu found it a bit cliché, but in order to make up for abruptly ending his tuition, he agreed. He liked hanging out with the Japanese guy, no doubt in that.

But the way Haruto behaved- inside the taxi and after that- talking lightly, grazing their hands together, intentionally or unintentionally, staring at Junkyu's face, eyes, lips- it wasn't difficult to get the hint, however, the elder didn't want to flatter himself yet. So he kept his composure, hiding the fear with smiles and simply went with the flow. They entered the park after the younger bought the tickets- much to Junkyu's protest. According to him- the hangout was special and he wanted to spend money for this special occasion. Again, a hint. Junkyu stayed quiet, knowing he wouldn't be able to change Haruto's mind.

They had fun though. Taking pictures of each other to eating a lot. People turned heads at them- I mean, two gorgeous men hanging out together, just them, being all smiley and lovey dovey. Can't blame if anyone clicked a picture or two. Junkyu knew how it looked like. He could tell what Haruto might be thinking. Then again, Jihoon did way more with him yet gave him nothing to assure. Therefore, he kept his head low, not thinking too hard.

But then, the younger asked for a Ferris wheel ride. Another cliché, maybe a classic? Junkyu had his heart beating in an unknown fear. He wished for it to bear no meaning. He wished for it to have no intention- just that Haruto wanted to see the nightscape from above. He wished he wouldn't have to turn the younger down because he did not fancy Haruto more than an affectionate young student of his. He liked Haruto, but that's about it. He didn't do it romantically.

Yet, the moment of torture was unavoidable. As the carts rose up, one after another, and as theirs was near the top; Junkyu was looking outside with city lights glinting in his sparkling eyes, Haruto mustered all the courage he had. Junkyu imdulged him- a lot. Taught him, played games with him, explained after cutting him off, agreed to hangout, agreed to talk, agreed to be on a fucking date in an amusement park- he had to know how Haruto felt. And he had to reciprocate. So, when those pretty lips of his shined in a beautiful yellow from all the lights, he leaned in- until he could see the golden brown baby hair on his hyung's face, until he could see the creases there on his lips, until he could feel Junkyu turn around a little and until their lips met.