19. 보물

Fate had always presented Junkyu with irony- him being gay, his parents kicking him out, even his best friend's parents forbade their son to talk to him, him having struggles with money, getting help from someone only to end up seeing his true colors. He accepted it all. It hurt so bad, but there was nothing he could do. He never blamed his ill fate, yet, standing before the door of the guy he rejected just that evening made him wonder what sin he might have committed in his previous life to deserve such a slap on his face.

He liked Haruto, he did. That's why he didn't wanna hurt the boy anymore. But, Yoshi couldn't give him a better solution. Right after getting the call, he contacted Haruto and they both decided that Junkyu would be the safest there. So, Yoshi sneaked out, reached where Junkyu was, then brought him to his cousin's place. Haruto opened the door soon, worries plastered all over his face, because Junkyu, his crush, his admirable hyung looked utterly distressed. Swollen eyes, cheeks and still shaking from the impact of shameful sobs. Junkyu couldn't even look at him.

"Hyung?" Haruto asked, trying to shake him and get an answer, but Yoshi gestured that he said nothing. Everyone was so worried about Junkyu that the slightly swollen eyes of Haruto went unnoticed by all. Junkyu wasn't the only one who cried that night- although both for very different reasons.

"Come here." The younger offered. With his parents sleeping, Haruto quietly took his hyung to an empty room. Showed him the attached toilet to freshen up. He then turned to Yoshi with curious eyes. With a sigh, the latter answered, "He probably had a fight with Jihoon."

"He didn't tell you?"

"Uh huh." Yoshi replied, "Just called and asked for a place to stay, I was so scared, he was crying and his voice was shaking."

"How bad was the fight?" Haruto frowned, "And how could he let hyung out at this hour??"

Yoshi shrugged, "I don't know, but I need answers." He sounded enraged, "If he's the reason Kyu's been crying this much, I need to face him."

"Yeah, me too! How dare he make my-" he stopped, cause of the sound of the door sliding open. Junkyu walked out, looking down, face all red. Haruto quickly walked to him. "Hyung, how do you feel? Do you need anything?"

Junkyu replied with a shake of his head. Then said, "Ruto, I'm really sorry to bother you, especially as we had the incident from the park. I promise I will figure something out tomorrow and-"

"Junkyu hyung, can you please not think like this?" Haruto said, "Stay here as long as you need, I've always wanted to helped you, I'm happy to help you, you know?"

Junkyu couldn't believe it anymore. So he stayed quiet. Yoshi caught it, he came to stand by his friend. "Kyu, it's okay. Let's figure out what we can do tomorrow. Right now, you need to stop worrying. And just rest. You had a long day."

Nodding, the latter said, "Thanks, Yosh." Seeing him standing still, Yoshi got the hint again. He pulled Haruto by the arm and said, "We'll wait outside then. Get comfortable. Call us if you need anything."

"Mm." Junkyu replied, then watched the two leave the room. He slowly walked to the bed, thinking about everything that had happened. He couldn't tell what hurt him the most. His guilty conscience, humiliation, betrayal? He only knew that he hated everything about Jihoon. No, he hated that he was just angry, that he couldn't really hate Jihoon. Even after he had said all those shitty things. How was Jihoon holding up? Was he feeling guilty? He didn't call after Junkyu cut his call last time. So, he must have forgotten all about it. Should he talk to the man? No, Junkyu didn't wanna see his face. Jihoon clearly told him to get the fuck out of his place. He never held even the slightest bit of respect for Junkyu. He was an arrogant man, thinking money can get him everything.