20. 방문

Junkyu usually never misses classes, but the incident with Jihoon forced him to avoid uni for two days straight. The reason didn't only involve Jihoon; for, he had to look for a new part time job. Finding it was easier than before, there was a new restaurant hiring waiters so he easily applied for that and was accepted thanks to his good looks. For two days, he worked double shifts, the morning and the afternoon shifts. He knew he wouldn't afford missing more classes so he decided to go for the evening shift once he gets back to his previous routine. He should brace himself for meeting Jihoon, eventually.

Junkyu wasn't the best worker in his new place, although he was loved cause he attracted quite a good number of people. Still, learning something new, being scolded at from time to time for the mistakes made exhausted him. On the second day, after he returned to his new place, he wished for nothing but to sleep, but he knew he had to catch up to studies Yoshi had made notes about. Life was hard for him.

As he was resting on his bed, lazy to even wash up, a few knocks were heard on the door. His new flatmate, Jeongwoo was waiting outside his room.

"Hey." Junkyu greeted him upon opening the door.

"Hyung, you have a visitor." Said the younger male, going back to his room right after. Junkyu stood there frozen. Was it Yoshi or Haruto? If so, why wouldn't Jeongwoo mention them? Visitor- was it Jihoon? Junkyu could feel a chill of joy hidden beneath layers of fear and rage. Jihoon came to apologize, right?

It wasn't Jihoon. But whoever was there delighted him. For, standing outside the main entrance was a nervous looking Kim Doyoung.

"Doyoungie?"

"Junkyu hyung! Hi!" Doyoung immediately hugged the older male, "How are you? Is everything okay??"

"Yeah but.. why are you here?"

"I heard it from Ruto." Answered the cheerful male, "Trust me, I came straight here after hearing you had a fight with Jihoonie hyung, I was so worried-"

Junkyu crossed his arms, "You came here before meeting your cousin first? You want me to believe it?"

"Um.. okay fine. I did go to him first, but just because I wanted to know what happened. I swear, he didn't send me here. I'm here on my own free will! I'm here to meet you!"

Junkyu chuckled. Something about this guy always makes him happy. Despite the fact that he got to know Doyoung because of Jihoon, he didn't feel the slightest annoyance seeing this man. In fact, he felt relieved. Losing Jihoon didn't mean he'd lose everything or everyone good he met along the way, right?

"Let's go out." He took Doyoung's arm and guided him outside, simply because he didn't wanna disturb his flatmate. He had so many questions- how Jihoon was doing, what he told everyone, did he feel guilty or want to talk to Junkyu at all. Doyoung was a safe person to ask those. Cause he knew, the latter wouldn't take anyone's side.

"What did he tell you?" He asked, as they were walking through the heart of the city, witnessed by pretty flowers on the sidewalk, although the moonlight didn't show much. Doyoung replied, "He didn't say much, just that he hurt you bad." He turned to Junkyu, "Hyung, I don't know what he told you, but he regrets every bit of it. I know my brother, he's careless most of the time, but with you, from the very beginning, he was serious. He wouldn't hurt you without any reason."

"What reason, Doyoungie? That I went to the park with Ruto? That someone saw us kiss even though I was telling Ruto how much I like your brother?"

Doyoung stared at Junkyu. He didn't know any of it, Haruto didn't tell him anything. "You guys kissed?"

Junkyu sighed and nodded, "That night, Ruto confessed his feelings to me after pecking my lips but..."

"But you couldn't say yes cause you like Jihoonie hyung?"