9. 장난

Jihoon saw a total blur when that huge force fell over him, but the voice and action both gave him one single name. He grabbed the arms literally crushing him in a hug, pushed the person away and glared at him like his life depended on it. Like, him and Junkyu just got home after uni, and the menace was just at his doorframe.

"Kim Doyoung! You'll crush me to death!" He complained. But the shorter, bubbly, shameless human being only grinned looking at his cousin.

"Hehe, missed you a lot hyung!" Said the younger male. His eyes then immediately moved to Junkyu, standing right by Jihoon's side with a look of confusion. Doyoung's eyes went wide.

"Since when are you into guys, huh??" He suddenly moved close to Junkyu's face, who instinctively stepped back. "Hm... He's quite cute though, I get it why you'd bring him home-"

Jihoon pulled him by the arm, away from his friend, "This is not what you're thinking, dumbass! He's a friend."

"A friend?" Doyoung scanned Junkyu from top to bottom again, "Interesting..."

"Whatever-" Jihoon quickly introduced the two, "This is Kim Junkyu, my friend. He's been living here, and this is Kim Doyoung, my cousin, who often shows up to annoy the hell out of me."

Junkyu chuckled. The sound of it caught Doyoung's attention again. He went super close to Junkyu's face again, "Friend, you say, hm?"

"Come here, you moron!" Jihoon pulled him again, muttering something to him in a 'threatening' voice. Junkyu watched from behind. Once again, a small smile broke into his lips. They made a walk, Jihoon stopped before the staircase to look back at Junkyu. "Freshen up, then we'll have lunch together." They had no classes after lunch hour that day, so both of them decided to just head home and have lunch altogether. Junkyu nodded, going inside his room.

"Are you sure he's just a friend?" Doyoung who was being instructed not to bother Junkyu asked. Jihoon tsked at him. "What else?" He shook the possibility off, "Gonna have to shower, go wait in your room or something, I'll be done in 15."

Doyoung only shrugged, following Jihoon to his room instead. Since both their parents gave zero fucks about them, since childhood, these two lads had grown a deep connection of brotherhood. They would fight all day- because of Doyoung's mischievous personality. But deep inside they cared a lot. That's why, every time he gets some free days, the younger would hit his cousin's place until the vacation is over. He saw many random girls with his brother before, but never a guy- or precisely, a guy living in the house. Plus, he never really heard the name 'Junkyu' before. All these sparked his curiosity. Adding the fact that Jihoon actually cared about this man.

There must be more to it, and Doyoung was more than eager to find out. So when they all went to have lunch, he intentionally picked a seat next to Junkyu, disregarding the laser eyes of his cousin.

"Hi, Junkyu hyung." Doyoung addressed, putting a palm under his chin.

"Hey." Junkyu bowed a little, stiffening up on his seat.

"Don't bother him, Doyoung ah." Jihoon said, digging in his meal. Junkyu tried too, but the younger kept staring at his face.

"You're really cute, you know that?" He asked instead, "Soft cheeks, pretty eyes, full lips-"

"You wanna get stabbed with this?" Jihoon showed the fork in his hold, to which the younger raised his hands in defeat. He saw, through the corner of his eyes, how Junkyu blushed ever so faintly. He was also fighting to hold in a smile.

"Why? He likes getting complemented, right, hyung?" Doyoung took Junkyu by a side hug. Although the latter was supposed to be shocked or taken aback, he broke into a chuckle, maybe realizing that Doyoung just tried to get on his cousin's nerves. Jihoon kicked his cousin's shin from below though, that made him gasp dramatically.