9. What just happened?

My girlfriend of nearly a year, Megan, just got back from training. She plays for Chelsea and I play for Arsenal so we're on different schedules. Some might think that us being on rival teams would affect our relationship but surprisingly it doesn't.

I'm sitting on the sofa in our shared apartment on the outskirts of London when she walks through the door and gives me a small smile which I return. Once she takes her shoes off she makes her way over to me and gives me a hug and a peck on the lips before she says she has something exciting to tell me. I pull away and sit there waiting for her to reveal this "exciting" news.

Finally she blurts it out
" I'm transferring to Manchester city and we get to move there, I've already chose our apartment, it's so nice you will love it and you can just go on loan with me" she lets out all in one breath. I just stare at her silently, the small smile quickly disappearing from my face. I'm in shock, this has to be a joke.
"You're joking right" i say, my voice full of hope that this is all one sick joke.
"What, of course not" she says her body deflates as she realizes I'm not as happy as she was hoping I'd be.
"What are you talking about. How can you make a massive decision like this without confronting me first. Do you think I can just pick up my life here and leave as soon as you snap your fingers. Megan I can't believe you thought I would be okay with this. My family are here my friends are here, my team is here. I don't want to go on loan to man city, you can't make a choice that big for ME without ME knowing" my voice had started to raise as I start to realize how crazy this all is. Megan sat there silently as I told her how I felt about it, but when I stopped talking she started.
"I thought you would be happy about this, happy for me, happy for us to get a fresh start" she says her voice pleading.
I stand up, dumbfounded at how she thought it was a good idea to surprise me with something like this big.
"I don't want to move to Manchester, I'm happy here." I say pacing the small room trying to wrap my head around this.

Megan now stands up and comes to stand opposite me
" I have to go, I can't change my mind now. If you're not willing to make this sacrifice for us, we're over " she shouts bluntly, her being so close to my face, i flinch at the sudden change of volume.
"I can't, I'm not leaving my home and my family, why can't you understand that Megan " I reply my voice cracking at the realization that this relationship is over.
"I always knew you were a selfish bitch, you don't love me otherwise you would've done this for me. WERE OVER don't contact me again" she yells at me as she starts collecting her essentials and goes to the from door. All I can do is watch on in horror as the person i loved and who I thought loved me walked out of the front door and my life. As the front door slammed the tears began to fall. I fell to the floor and my body began to shake and I let out loud sobs not being able to hold my emotions in any longer. 'What the fuck just happened' I thought to myself as I replayed the events that just unfolded so quickly in-front of me

I'll try and write a part 2 to this. Lmk what you think so far x
(Katie will be in the second part btw)