13. Calm down, you're scaring me

I'm sat at home, on the sofa with the tv quietly on in the background as I scroll through my phone. I just finished watching the Arsenal vs man city game. Katie had gotten a red card during the game for hitting Chloe Kelly on the head with the ball. Sometimes I don't know what goes through her head. I'm waiting for her to get home and I already know she's going to be in a bad mood and the fact they also lost the game is another thing that will worsen the mood she's already going to be in.

I look up as I hear the front door slam and Katie throwing her bag onto the floor in front of the stairs. I sigh preparing myself for this. Katie has always been quick tempered and stubborn and I've always tried to diffuse the situations she gets herself into due to these traits but I have a feeling tonight I won't be able to.

"Did u see that fucking reff, she had it out for me from the minute that game started" she says, not even acknowledging me and going straight to ranting about the referee. I stay silent not wanting to add fuel to the fire.
"It should've been a yellow, not a fucking red and now I'm missing an important game" she says hostility still lacing her words.
"Maybe it should've been a yellow but I still don't think it was right for you to do that katie, there was no need" I say in a calm tone trying not to provoke her further but letting her know I don't agree with her actions.
"Oh right, so you just think I go out there and push and shove players because i like hurting people, is that what your implying"
She says clenching her jaw, her words filled with venom.
" I never said that Katie, don't start putting words in my mouth. I'm just saying i don't think it was right or needed in that situation from what I saw of it" I say watching her closely as her body language turns more erratic. She doesn't say anything she just starts pacing again obviously trying to hold back. I've seen katie angry before but I don't think I've ever seen her like this. She walks over to the cupboard we have by the tv and rests her hands on it, her head falling between her shoulders and she takes low, deep breaths. I know she would never hurt me but she's starting to scare me.
"Katie, calm down you're scaring me" i say slowly standing from the sofa keeping an eye on her. She doesn't reply, she just remains still with her eye tightly shut.
I decide leaving her is the best option for me because I don't want her to do or say anything that she will regret.
"I'm going to Beth and Viv's, okay?. You need time to cool off and I'm not going to sit here and let you take your frustration out on me" I say leaving her in the living room and grabbing my keys on the way out to my car. As I sit in the drivers seat I take a deep breath trying to release the tension in my body. I hate arguing with Katie, but when she is acting like this I know the best way to resolve it is giving her space to calm down.

I've been with Beth and viv for about 2 and a half hours now. They told me about the game and that the reff did seem to have a vendetta against Katie, so I could see why she was so frustrated about the game.

I was just finishing my cup of tea when I got a text. I checked my phone and saw it was from Katie.

—————————————————————
My love ❤️

-I'm calm x

-Leaving now x

—————————————————————

I texted Katie back telling her I'm leaving now. I wanted to resolve this as soon as possible. I thanked Beth and viv for having me over and got into my car.

I unlocked the front door after the 2 minute car journey to see Katie sat on the sofa. She gave me a small smile and patted the empty place next to her. I slid my trainers off my feet and made my way over, noticing the comforting smell of food coming from the kitchen. I sat down and Katie started.
"I'm sorry, I was angry and I didn't mean to take it out on you I'm just frustrated" she says meeting my eyes with her red, puffy ones. A clear indication that she had been crying which made my heat ache.
"I'm sorry too, I know you have a good heart and you care about others I didn't mean to imply otherwise" I say taking her hand in mine.
"I know it was a bad decision on my part and I've apologized to Chloe. I'm going to talk to Jonas tomorrow to see if the red card was a fair decision" she says sighing.
I cup her face in my hands bringing her closer to place a gentle kiss on her forehead. She moves her head so it's resting in the crook of my neck. I know she's had a bad day and I want to be here for her. I run my fingers through her hair that's flowing loosely down her back.
"I've made us dinner to say sorry" she mumbles into my neck. I let a smile creep across my lips and she sits up and meets my eyes a smile now apparent on her lips.
"I love you" I say quietly while placing a loving kiss on her lips. After we pull away she says "I know you do, now let's eat it's getting cold" she says smirking, i push her playfully and roll my eyes.

After we finish the delicious meal Katie made us we snuggle on the sofa together, Katie's head laying on my chest and my hands once again running through her soft hair. It doesn't take long for little snores to escape her mouth. Today was a lot so I don't blame her for falling asleep. I kiss the crown of her head and carry on watching the tv while still playing with the ends of her hair as I know she loves it.

- let me know your thoughts on this one xx