Interview II

"--And fuck everyone that had anything to do with it!!"

And yet Snow seeing that was not what annoyed him most.

Once again, every single outfit had their modification to it once again.

A large patch of visible skin, cloth twirling up limbs, flowing add ons, colors to pop, all additions only one woman would make.

----------------------------------------

Bera gave a dismissing wave as she was called onto the stage and sat with her ever annoyed grin of 'niceness'.

"And here we have our beloved, the queen of fashion, Bera Helfir." How she was annoyed with Caesar's voice.

Unlike many others, since she was the unofficial official stylist of district 8, she could wear the same outfit and not be forced to change, if just now had way more feathers to make the whole skirt-part covered in them and more pronounced fake wings on her arms.

she can only laugh at how much hate Snow already feels and how much more he'll feel seeing what she did to the swap potato since it is not Cinna's usual style, and she made sure of that.

"I had a question."

"Do ask Caesar, we are here for that aren't we?" None of the victors spoke of things nice and happy, all making it seen that they didn't want to be here. "It is the last time you can anyway."

"True, true! So tell me, a little something something has caught our eyes. The magnificent outfits we have been saying seems familiar."

"You can thank your beloved president Snow for that my dear Caesar, he thought it would be a great moment show off my last creations." The crowd cheered and Bera knew full well that Snow would hate that he'd be congratulated for the following decade at least that he was the one to have made Bera create all the outfits.

"He has such a great taste."

"Oh doesn't he? To help calm the honestly saddening amount of riots he even asked me to design a dress for our most beloved."

"Don't you say..."

"Yes!" She said as if she was extremely overjoyed. "I kind of stole 12's stylist's job too, oops?" It made everyone laugh but she was sure that she saved someone else that was part of the Haymitch's plan with this, Snow is way too deep in his hate that he is blinded, she knows that he will not realize that this is bullshit and she just cut into Cinna's design.

"Will she be twirling like she did before."

"Oh of course, why else would I have worked so hard? I need to beat last years outfit."

And damn did she twirl.

The white wedding dress ripping away in pieces that frayed away into smoke.

The original outfit might have been modest but Bera needed to make Snow absolutely despise her for such an outfit and not Cinna so she went all out.

The potato's midriff was out for all to see the neckline so sooo deep only a little band of an inch held the outfit close, masses of feathers over the fabric, reaching up her chest and into her back, standing like ruffled feathers, black gloves with fabric that twirled around them to her shoulders, the opening wings of the previous outfit were kept as they were with more feathers to them, more imposing, and the dress, long on the left and cut up on the right, revealing black cloth twirling down her leg, feathers on the back of her heels.

Bera grinned at the impressed uproar, knowing one man who's hate had reached new levels of petty. 

Buuuuut.

Bread boy with the pregnancy announcement actually made even bigger waves, and not waves of cheering but indignation.

Bera wasn't sure if the whole potatoXbread was an elaborate as each time she had the displeasure of seeing her, potato's feelings seem to be more and more real... But she was sure that Peeta almost convinced this woman that she was pregnant with how confidently he said that... It took the strength of all of Panem channeled into Bera to not burst out in a laughing fit right there.

----------------------------------------

"Bera Helfir, time for your examination."

She sighed, patting Woof on the shoulder and standing.

The room was empty of all that wasn't training dummies and weapons.

"You have ten minutes to show us what you are capable of." Plutarch said, Haymitch said he was on their side but she couldn't fully believe that.

Bera walked over to the camouflage station, grabbing a paper and cutting out a shape from it and then glued it to a transparent disk, loading it in the disk launcher to train precision on a small target, setting the time to ten second and quick walked to the spears.

She heard the launcher fire the disk and threw the spear.

The game masters cried out in fear.

Bera just slotted a foot behind the other, one hand on her heart and the other held up, doing a deep bow before standing straight and waving the already lifted hand.

With that, she turned around and walked away.

Plutarch smiled to himself, the spear's tip had pierced the force field, so much pressure on such a little area punched through, the spear hanging out of the loudly buzzing field, pinning the shape of a snowflake to it, pierced clean through.

---------------------------------------

"It will soon be time for you to go in..." Cecelia's sad smile as she offered the two tribute victors each a handmade bracelet.

It was an awful bitter memory to relive that's for sure.

"Thanks." Once again tho, she tied it around her wrist as Woof did his. She even still wore the first token Cecelia had given her for the 66th.

"I'll miss you." V said, not looking any more happy.

"Just promise me you'll learn how to not dress like a fashion disaster." She told the escort. "And don't let the new stylist disfigure my memory."

Cecelia hugged her tightly with Woof with her other arm.

"Please be careful."

"I'll try." she pat the woman's side before stepping away. "You make sure Valerius eats and recovers. Despite it all, he is still family and I can't let him join my mother and I too soon."

Her mother... She hadn't thought of her in a while.

With a wave, leaving V and Cecelia to climb into the hovercraft with Woof.

She was now older then her mother could ever become, she was now once again fighting to the death, she was part of something bigger and more dangerous.

And she never met her father at all, that man that died trying to grab and pull her back was more of a father then that man ever was.

And as sad as it was, even not knowing him, even only seeing replays of her games, it was not their faces that came to mind when thinking of her parents.

One of them was home in 8, recuperating from injuries and carrying the hate she had for him, probably screaming to the skies seeing her back in the arena.

The other was watching the hovercraft leave once again, tears in her eyes as she knew there was little to now chance in seeing either of them again.

Another was the protective one, sitting there to her side and holding her upper are in such a tight grip he might almost rip it off, confused and yet conscious of all that's happening.

She have never gotten to know her true parents but she had never been alone and she hated how she is losing them all.