Vengeance Of 8

(fun fact: if I wasn't clear enough, Bera didn't merk Enobaria, it was just a really hash 'stay down' order conveyed with a spear.)

(another fact: you can learn how to like go in flight or flight and get the same adrenaline through your body. And there is this hysterical strength where the body lets you use 100% of your strength in high stress situation to save someones life. Humans are able to drop dead to the barest of injuries or survive what Bera has with a spear... Like there is a man that got skewered by rebar metal poll through the face and body and lived, so it is not a longshot. Plus Bera's borderline psycho/sociopathic mind mixed with all those facts makes her truly someone hard to kill.)

(Keep blaming Valerius tho since she is basically 100% of the time in survival mode which makes those things up there easier to access.)

They were walking through a building, finally talking about some evacuation plan when...

When...

"Everyone back to the hovercraft!!" Boggs screamed when an explosion near them shook the ground. "The Capitol sent in hovercrafts!"

 Bera's blood only did one turn.

"Wait, they are leaving!!" Garlic yelled over the sudden panic. "They don't know where we are."

"But they are circling around." Potato pointed it out.

"Why tho... Oh shit."

"The hospital, they are aiming at the hospital!" Potato yelled out, backing up from the window.

"Everdeen! Come back!" Boggs yelled as more bombs fell near them.

Garlic ran after her while it took a moment of stumble for Bera to sprint after but going another way.

Vaulting over the falling stone column, unlike the food stuffs from 12, she didn't stand up to aim a throw.

No.

In a direct line of view, prime target to get gunned down, sprinting across the empty space to the hospital.

She didn't know what she was hoping for, she didn't even know what she screamed to gain the people's attention.

Seeing her own hand reaching out in the same desperate attempt to save them from this as they had been when they were taken to the game.

But she was too far, the crafts too quick or was the world to cruel?

Her body getting thrown back with so much strength that she flew back far and landed hard.

Her ears rang, groaning as she pushed up with one arm only, looking up at the blaze created by the hovercrafts shot out of the sky tho they still stirred their landing crafts into their target.

She watched with a wide eye before pushing herself up on her knees in disbelief as the gaping maws of flames laughed, ripping and consuming through crackle and whips, licking at her face no matter how far she was from it, itching to taste her blood too.

And the scream that ripped out of her throat was one of a broken child, so loud, so anguished that even the destruction shivered from her pain.

Scrambling to her feet, mindlessly running to the remains that became more and more really.

Running up the pill of stone and between the screams, dropping down when she tripped, grabbing pebbled concrete with her fist and throwing it down by her side, hoping to unearth something, someone.

The heat was suffocating was was it the tears? Was it her own guilt to have been able to do nothing as she threw a block of stone down? Was it the effort to dig her hands in the rubble and throw it aside, bend it out of the way or kicking it off when her fingers were not enough?

She stopped when she uncovered on ashes and dust hand, despite it all, only the pinkie finger looked broken but the stone plate of the roof was unmovable nor.

Begging, she was begging to whoever would listen, digging around the arm nothing, nothing could be done.

Grabbing the hand between her own, squeezing it hard between her own, and nothing, even like this, not one beat.

She pressed the palm on her face, nothing, still nothing.

Only then did she let go and sit back on her knees, watching that one hand without a face attached to it.

Let her think... V even if she is Capitol-born, Cecelia back in 13, Paylor with the rest of the guard of 13... And her, their bastard victor.

Four.

Only four.

And so she screamed again.

The "Katniss, what can you tell us about what happened here?" was what snapped her out of it.

How dare they? How dare they use this for their propo? How dare they?

"I want to tell the rebels that I am alive." Katniss didn't start with a certain and confident voice but she needed to show Panem what happened, what happened, how those oppressing them took another district away. "That I'm right here in district 8, where the Capitol has just bombed a hospital full of unarmed men, women and children. There will be no survivors." 

Bera stayed silent, sitting on her legs, hands holding tight fists of gravel.

"I want to tell people that if you think for one second the Capitol will treat us fairly if there's a cease-fire." Shock was turning to fury. "You're deluding yourself! Because you know who they are and what they do!" She threw out her arms, waving at the destruction around them. "This is what they do and we must fight back!" Turning around but she was once again face to face with a camera and so her anger kept blazing. "President Snow says he's sending a message. Well I have one for him. You can torture us and bomb and burn our districts to the ground, but do you see that? Fire is catching! And if we burn, you burn with us!"

The silence was palpable as all eyes shifted to the sound of pebbled rubble tumbled down as Bera stood.

"You know Snow..." Bera said, slowly turning away from the hand and down the pile of ruble. "I warned you snow would melt but you didn't take me seriously."

Bera with cold controlled fury was out of the norm, no one knowing what to do or say but their instincts deep inside was screaming for them to run, to run for their pitiful life as this woman was no human but a monster out for blood.

"It was the deal, I play, you play... But remember what I do when you just threaten someone I care for?" She finally made her way down the mass of concrete and fire. "Remember what I do when you kill someone I care for?"

Cressida, if not tensed as she was, would be trembling under the gaze of Bera even if it was just her looking in the camera on Polux near her.

"Of course you do... And now? Now you took what's the most precious to me. You took my district from me, so remember what I did when you killed her? That, that will be nothing compared to what's coming for you. You cannot run, you cannot hide, you cannot escape for I'll always be right behind you. I am not your toy, not your pawn, I am not Panem's most beloved woman... I am the vengeance of 8 and I'll always catch you... For it is my duty to plunge my spear through your heart."