Boom Goes 13

Bera couldn't even feel better knowing Coin would pardon the victors who would be saved from the Capitol.

It was monochromes of reds, fury coursing through her veins.

She didn't cry herself to sleep with screams of agony like Cecelia did in their shared room to 'not waste space' as 13 said.

She didn't feel to shock and simple anger of Finnick or Johanna as they watched the footage of the destruction and the promises to destroy all in their paths.

She didn't feel pity of Haymitch or Beetee for knowing only ten districts would be left after this war reaches its end.

She didn't feel V's helplessness in face of the destruction of the district she came to see as her own.

Everything stayed inside.

A pressurized bottle of hate that was consuming her from the inside like an infection, seeping through the pores and the air she breathed.

The monster that would be at the head of this war would show her fangs by biting them through Snow's jugular. (you know... I almost made Bera kill Brutus by taking a bite out of his throat?)

She barely gave a damn about the time Peeta was screaming his head off on TV about a bombing.

She was just stewing in her hate even as she watched the headcam footage of the volunteer soldier heading to the tribute center to save the victors... She couldn't even be happy for that... Blood just so heated that no one would be surprised if she'd start throwing that red stuff up because of the pressure building up inside.

She was so lost in hate that all she could do about Katniss' desperate attempt to talk to Snow through the cameras was watch his face with intense fury... Well at least until...

"Did you like my little gift?"

Gift? His last two gifts have been bombings. Oooh he didn't just...

"You think you so special?!"

"Oh I wasn't aware miss Helfir is with you."

Coin waved at Beetee to face the camera on Bera even if she was looking at the screen and he'd see the back/side of her head.

"Those were fucking injured people you lopsided donkey!"

"All who associate with the mockingjay symbol are traitors, you know that miss Helfir."

"And all those that stand with the Capitol shall be hung by their guts that I'll rip out myself. Don't think yourself all might. I am coming for you and will get to you even if it takes walking through ten more arenas."

"Yes, yes, we are aware of your inability to die but how long will it be before your spirit is broken? I think I have someone here to help me with that."

"If you touched a hair of her head I will bring collective might down on you!!"

"Oh but miss Helfir, as I might have told your little friends, it is only those that we love that can hurt us, maybe I'll just bomb the tribute center for a nice show." And the transmission cut out.

(There is just so much animosity here that Snow is outright being evil, not the hidden manipulation evil, just full on wanting Bera to be nuked out of the history books and actually smile at hurting her.)

Bera literally ripped the flimsy handrail from the ground and threw it at the projection screen, shattering it with a scream as Katniss started sobbing. Snow tells half truths and twisted ones but he keeps his promise. And so Katniss sobbed about losing Peeta and Gale while Bera was just about to strangle Coin if she was not going to offer up the idea to nuke the Capitol into a crater so big that if the 200th hunger games ever were to happen that it would be on a remote island with only one district.