Tunnel

It was absolutely haunting, capital H haunting.

They indeed evaded the predicted peacekeepers, the twin soldiers dying because of it, staying back as one could not walk to divert their attention. 

That was not the most haunting nor seeing the body of the Mitchell soldier strung up in barbed wire tearing into his skin while he was drowned in the burning liquid.

What truly knocked Bera off her feet and required her to sit down was seeing the Capitol play the dead tribute music on TV and show her own face as a fallen tribute.

Nothing had previously made Bera sit down and think so hard, staring into nothing and ignored by the conversation around her.

It was a blasted image, one that burnt itself into her mind with her hands shaking at the slightest thought of it.

It was truly destabilizing to see your own 'death' televised even if she was alive... It was an image she never wished to see ever again in whatever amount of life she still has... She just hopes in district 13 that the TVs are off because of their preparations for war.

Momentarily she felt like she had indeed died, it was just so unexpected.

"Hey." Bera looked up. "Come on, we'll move." Potato said, sounding like a plan was hatched while she thought about her own life.

"Where?"

"Well they think we are dead and Pollux knows a way through the sewers so we'll go through that."

"Not a bad idea." She stood up. "That way we wouldn't be seen."

"Right, that way we can get to Snow."

"Good." She pat her head. "After this you'll get to live."

"Hmm?"

"You get to live." She repeated. "End of wars, end of games, just you."

"I have no idea what I'll do with myself." Potato admitted.

"How exciting." Bera grinned, walking ahead of her.

-------------------------------------

Bera almost fell of the ladder climbing down...
If that is not a bad omen she doesn't know what bad omens are...

The air smelt of damn mosses and something she couldn't place and felt she didn't want to know. It was huge, it would take Potatos, Anderson, Garlic, Bread and her on each other's shoulder to even get 2/3 up to touch the ceiling. The lights were sickly yellow and one was even flickering menacingly at her.

In addition to the smell the air was also moist, damn how she hates that word, but the air was heavy with water and water already reached their ankles and she just knew it would get worse in the hours to come.

There was an echo a water droplets falling somewhere in here.

Shiver worthy.

She held the little folded rode of the spear for now since it could unfold to full length with enough force to punch through stone, no need to always have it out since she'd have enough time to stab anyone attacking her even like this.

Pollux lead the way, everyone feeling tense with the situation and soon it would be worst.

Soon no light filtered in through the surface and they were entirely enclosed inside a stone tomb with sickly yellow and a few flashlights in a few hands.