Bera, Brutus, Brutal

"It's not possible," Brutus whispered, in pain from the thrown knife in his hand, the only sound in the ghastly fear washing over the five victor tributes present, all their attention on... Her. "Your canon! It sounded!"

Johanna could tell just why the careers reacted like this; she too heard the canon; she too was watching a monstrosity rise in front of them.

In front of them stood a dead woman.

"Why are you looking like that Janice? In a bit of trouble?"

Bera stood there, her head tilted to the side with a manic smile stretching wide on her scrapped up face with blood dripping out of her mouth.

With a... With a spear shoved deep through the crook of her neck on the right, through her torso and at least two inch of it sticking out almost at the bottom of her ribs on the left, her left arm slashed into by the spear, blood just oozing out.

"Make sure I am dead next time you sound my canon." She said, grabbing the shaft of the spear, walking down from her stop, standing between Johanna and the careers. "Because otherwise, I always come back."

Bera pulled on the spear, it moved up through her before before another jerk was needed to rip it out, a wet sucked voice heard as it exited the chest cavity. Only then, finally lifting her head up, her neck cracking loudly as she did so.

"I am hard to kill if you haven't noticed." She looked at them, light gone from her eyes and madness remained at the controls, spinning the spear, blood flying off it before pointing it at them.

(This, this whole scene, I don't know why but it is quite horrifying in my head ever since I thought of it.)

"Can you move?" She snapped out of her stupor as the sound of Bera's voice as she spoke to her, murderous gaze affixed to her.

"Euh yeah." She got on her knees and stood.

"Good, find Finnick, go."

"Wha--" "I SAID GO JOHANNA!!" As she clashed spears with Brutus, deviating his stab from her face to just slicing into her ears before whipping hers into his guts.

"Get her!!"

But as Gloss and Cashmere tried to round her, throwing her spear out in a spin with her body for momentum, whipping it around her.

"GLOSS!!" The spear cutting through his side and Cashmere saw not pity in those dark eyes that looked back at her, catching her brother's limp body as a spear stabbed through his face and twisted to rip flesh and nose out of his face, Enobaria's sword stopping Cashmere's own demise.

"GO!" She demanded from 1 who, using the shock she was feeling, left her brother behind and left, sprinting after Johanna.

The spear soared, whipping up vegetation, not giving a moment of respite, Enobaria ducking behind Brutus who had more skills with such a weapon and able to protect them.

Bera was not playing, this was a fight she needed to finish fast.

She was fighting through numbness, through pain, through blurred eye sight, through her brain tearing itself apart.

She never realized that with so much focus she could make it through it, but the toll (tole? idk) it is taking on her body if heavy, a body that's already shutting down.

She had a little time to regain her breath, the tracker they had stabbed into her arm being broken by the spear when it rained spears and so, she was counted as dead.

But Bera is durable, stubborn and outright a bastard and each story needs a bastard, and her story is not over!

Even with Brutus' spear through her shoulder, running her backwards until her pain-fuit-ed knives stabbed and flayed his forearm did he back up.