75th

(Ah... The 75th chapter, the start of the 75th Hunger Games.)

At the loud canon shot at the beginning of the games, Bera threw herself into the water.

It was cold despite the heat, soon kicking out to gasp as the surface and kick around like a drowning dog but her hand gripped the rough and porous surface of the black rock. 

Hauling herself out of the water and onto the path already was something, getting to her feet and sprinting towards the middle, but having someone in her way was another.

She was not a monster tho, almost falling into the water again just to avoid Mags without knocking her over, even such an old lady could swim better then her but she didn't want to hurt her.

Stumbling up the sleek a smooth metal cornucopia, grabbing a belt of throwing knives and tying it around her instead of using the buckled before picking up a lightweight but probably durable spear.

She smacked aside the arrow with a jerky reaction and finally fulfilled her dream, running out and with the full force of 8 being it, slammed her boot into the chest of the potato with all her might and slamming her down on her back into the rocks.

But currently her goal's were different, so she stepped off her and ran around the middle island, looking for Woof.

"Woof!" She yelled out, backing enough to grab the large curved blade she passed by before running down the rocky path while throwing her spear.

Boom!!

She heard, as the man that was trying to drown her district partner and hit him against the rock got the spear deeply through his side, so sharp that the tip pocked out the other side of his chest.

Woof pulled it out, using it at an aid to push himself up the rocks, like a walking cane.

Bera stopped by his side, grabbing his upper arm and pulling him up to his feet, exchanging her spear with the curved blade, so he could protect himself but at the same time she was also the one to know how to swing a spear, not him.

"Come on!" She said while running, the man following her.

Bursting through leaves and branches, tumbling over rocks and roots, but quickly making their way away from the center as more canon shots sounded out, so many.

"I... I think we can stop." She said while panting, the wet salty hear forcing her to take deeper breaths, feeling like normal ones were just not enough after such a sprint.

Bera planted her spear in her ground and fixed the throwing knives around her hips, passing the belt in the loops on her outfit and using the buckle.

These suits were perfect.... Ish. Perfect-ish, they let the heat out well and the excess water drained out but they felt clammy, with the weather in here she doubted that they would ever fully dry.

She sat, dumping the water out of her boots to the best of her abilities before putting them back on.

Looking at Woof, she sighed, she was correct, he was on his guards and looking everywhere, he did indeed get back into his arena mentality.

"Come on." She stood with a slight groan, pulling the spear from the ground. "We need to move on, we need to find supplies and a spot to rest, I doubt it will be easy to find either."

But the arena was much smaller then expected.

She was still alive, that's all she could mutter to herself as she laid on the ground, twitching, holding her head as she struggled to make sense of the world.

When the forced crisis passed she sat up, Woof holding her shoulders to help her.

She looked up, well... The foliage seems flat indeed, but why did it attack her? She barely touched it with the tip of her spear?

Picking up a rock and throwing it, seeing it explode in heavy sparks and disturbing the force field for a moment.

She groaned, her left arm, the one that held the spear, still numb, she is so fucking lucky to not have swung widely damn! If such a little tap caused such a shock to her she can't imagine how much worse it would get if someone swings into it full force.

"I'm fine." She grumbled, such shock have caused her brain to act up which played into her confusion but this arena is quite small, she swears she had walked more in the 66th.

She struggled to her knees, looking at the fake wall, even holding her arm near it, she felt the electrical charge ready to zap her if she was to touch it... She was sure this would kill at least on victor.

-----------------------------------------------

As night set, Bera had started a sickly fire, all of the wood damp here but that at least led her to accidentally finding out the trees contain drinkable water when broken a small one in two for firewood.

Bera is dangerous with anything that can be thrown so throwing knives and spears had always been her savior each time she picked a weapon but the end of the unlucky bird that got pierced for their dinner.

"Sheesh." She whispered, looking at the projection of all of those that died, a lot.

She sighed, eating the little bits of meat she could get off the bird while sharing with Woof.

"I'll take first watch, you sleep." She said, putting out the fire once they were done, it was warm enough here to sleep without it anyway, it is comfort that would be lacking.