-Temper-

Bera laughed.

Bera danced.

Bera slept around.

Bera would win Jessica her game.

4 stayed loyal, the boy would hunt for her, the boy would fight for her, the boy was her friend... The boy had a familiar name.

"I know it is hard to trust him but you should sleep."

Finnick spoke to her, leaning against the back of the couch, finally the night was falling, the festivities with the Capitol were over, the mentors could retire to the quarters.

Bera had not slept and this was the second night she wouldn't.

"I get it, you have animosity towards my district but you can see he is genuine."

"I thought so for my 4 too... And he stabbed James to death while he slept and almost took my life."

These pulls were rigged, even more then she thought. Maybe the reaping days were not on the same day for each district? Maybe they decide months in advance what to pull? Or did he volunteer?

Because how else would they have been able to pull James' sister and her 4's brother for the same game.

She didn't trust this 4 but recognizing that last name made her trust even less, Jessica got a sponsor package with actual upper body armor with the note 'Watch your back with 4' because of that fact.

Finnick knew that she'd never listen to him after what that tribute did, he still remembered her victory tour, the silent animosity she had on her face.

"Trust me, he feels responsible for what his brother has done, he will protect her with his life."

"Are you sure of that Finnick?"

The look in her eye scared him. Just what sort of monster did this girl nourish under the surface? Finnick's senses were screaming at him to run, pleading to get away from this opponent.

He was running, running for his life from an unfathomable force, but this time he didn't have sponsors, mentors, nets, tridents or his wits to protect him.

This time the arena would eat him up.

And suddenly the pressure was gone, Bera had looked back at the screen.

He took a shaky breath.

"He is fair." He said, his voice breaking momentarily before clearing his throat. "He will not back stab her."

"I hope for you that you are correct. Because if she comes out of there as anything else then the victor for this game... Not even Snow will be able to stop me from ending you, and I'll be smiling the whole way."

He gulped, nodding even if she wasn't watching, slowly and quietly leaving after a while but she didn't care.

---------------------------------------------

Bera's temper was explosive under such stress and lack of sleep. No one really dared to talk her, not even her would be friends. No one wanted to be on the wrong side of her temper, it felt like each year this woman was being more and more of a danger not only through the influence but through her strength and mind.

Enobaria had never in her life seen a mentor care so much for a tribute.

Then again, Lancer, after learning of the girl's last name and being reminded of Bera's district partner when she exploded at her, it was understandable.

"Why am I doing this?" She asked herself with a silent sigh. "A glass?" She asked, holding a shot glass in each hand and one to Bera.

"I don't drink."

She shrugged. "More for me." Enobaria said. "Is it because of your head?"

"Originally partially yes. It would have had adverse effects with my medication at the time. Other reason would have been that it would not let me live fully, I survived, not him, so I need to live enough that this life is worth being lived."

"That's oddly insightful." Enobaria said, already finishing one glass. "Never thought we'd have a normal conversation."

"Yeah sure, I just answered your question."

"Look Bera, Odair is correct, you need some shut eye, you cannot save her now if 4 turns on her." This time she, on purpose, had a gentle tone of voice. Her arm still sore and bandages from the altercation, not wanting more injuries as a flipped off Bera this close could do much worse... Enobaria fully believes she would try to bite her before she ever thought about it... Despite her reputation she doesn't enjoy human flesh in her mouth all that much.

"YO--" Enobaria throat chopped her, Bera still blasting off with her temper despite how nicely the victor from 2 tried to say that. And she luckily hit the correct spot, Bera falling over her lap knocked out completely.

"At least it wasn't the head yeah?" She asked the unconscious woman, crossing her legs at the knees, not really caring she was laying on her, grabbing the second glass and downing it.