1

This story starts in a very normal kind of way, with two boys one younger one older, one with curls around his ears and the other with striking blue eyes. 

The curly was known as Harry, and a few months after his 16th birthday he was sent away, a young age to be alone, so naturally his parents had another go with him someone to care for him- a slightly older boy, who would ensure no harm came to him.

They lived on a farm, open countryside and hills rolling for miles around their small cottage. The younger could not help but tease the older- in between riding his beloved horse and chores of course. The older bent to Harry's every whim, only ever speaking three words "as you wish," it was always the same response- no matter what task Harry asked of him. The curly thought it was funny and only ever addressed the older as farm boy. It is this same place where their story begins, and hopefully where it will also end.

It was an early spring morning, dewdrops coated the long grass catching the morning light like a hundred diamonds, so when Harry dismounted off his horse Buttercup with a clatter of hooves on cobblestones his trousers were soaked from the knee down, he looked up finding the older boy standing in front of him, sweeping away the stray straw from the tiles.

"Farm boy?" The blue-eyed one in front of him looked up "polish my horse's saddle, would you? I worry the dew will damage the leather," "as you wish," was the response- as always. Harry grinned a bounce in his step as he headed into the cottage to clean up and attempt to dry off his trousers.

Another morning, Harry walked passed the broken old wagon in the yard and found the older boy splitting logs for the fire "farm boy?" the other paused leaning onto the slightly warped axe he had been holding.

"could you fill these with water." Harry asked placing two tall wooden pails next to the pile of splintered wood that was building up, the two looked at each other a second more and as an added thought Harry tacked on a small word: "please?" the other boy simply nodded and again responded with "as you wish," but his eyes crinkled fondly, and a small smile was seen even after Harry's back was long turned.

The day that Harry finally realised that when the other boy had simply responded with "As you wish," he had truly been meaning "anything for you." was life changing and that twisted the youngers heart as his hope turned to butterflies.

Even more life changing was the day that Harry had been in the kitchen and his farm boy had walked in- only to place wood in the basket next to the fire, but nonetheless captured Harry's undying attention. That was the day that Harry had realised that he truly loved the older boy back. That same day the moment the older boy had turned to walk out the door Harry had frantically searched for anything that would cause him to stay "farm boy!"

The older turned and waited while Harry searched for a task, eyes landing on a small blue pitcher on the low shelf just behind his own head "fetch me that pitcher." The older smiled lightly crossing the small room in a few short strides. His arm stretched out over Harry's shoulder bringing them close together. Harry's breath hitched and the older just smiled "as you wish,"

The days continued like this for both boys until one very special day. Harry had been out in the afternoon picking the berries right off of summers first rays, while his farm boy had stayed home nursing one of their chickens back to health.

 The older had seen the younger arrive home, with dimples caved in and a purplish stain to his finger tips, the sun was practically making the younger boy glow, his trousers were muddy at the knees, his boots scuffed and his shirt torn where a branch had caught it at the elbow but the farm boy didn't think he could've looked more beautiful than he did; Just standing in the small yard tugging briars out of Buttercups mane, then calmly running his fingers through the tangles.

The older watched from the open doorway as Harry looked up and spotted his boy leaning against the white painted frame, a smile broke across his face, and he ran over enveloping the shorter boy in a hug the satchel he had been holding forgotten and discarded at his feet.

The older smiled swinging Harry into the house leaving them giggling with arms wrapped around each other's necks. They rested their foreheads together- eyes closed just existing with one another completely lost in the moment. The blue eyed one shifted slightly and moved back eyes flickering between emeralds and lips. Harry swallowed but nodded surely his farm boy didn't need any more consent than that.

Two pairs of lips came together softly- neither being experienced. It was gentle- to the older it was a move of affection and belonging whilst to the younger it was a move of care and promise. For both, well they found a home in each other something they believed, in that moment, they would always have.

Pulling away was hard but a smile broke out on both faces, they stayed close neither willing to break the moment "Harry," the younger looked into the calm blue before him- for the first time not saying anything but waiting, the older hesitated, a shy look on his features "i think I love you,"

Harry beamed and tucked his head into the older boys shoulder; the slight smell of smoke and peppermint flooding his senses as he whispered into the shell of the others ear "i think, I love you too Louis." and the shorter boy couldn't have smiled wider as he held Harry close to him, breathing the sweet florals that surrounded him. "Well i said it first my flower." Harry chuckled "it's not a competition Lou,"