The King smiled down at the two from his horse and Louis drew his sword "surrender." Louis shrugged "Surrender? As in you wish to surrender to me? Very well then, I accept."

The king laughed coldly "I give you full marks for bravery, so don't now make yourself a fool."

Louis gritted his jaw and said nothing, Harry watched as the king's face began to flush with rage "surrender."

"I. Would. Rather. Die."

"That could be very easily arranged."

Harry shook in his restraints "I'll do it." Louis and the king both turned to him "what?" there was a broken look on Louis' face "Would you promise not to hurt him?"

Both men stood clueless, and Harry took a step forward "if I return with you, will you promise not to hurt this man." The king grinned "may I live a thousand years and never hunt him again."

Harry started again "he is a sailor on the pirate ship revenge, promise to return him to his ship." Harry had a cold steel tone in his voice and the tension he was creating left the whole valley silent "I swear, it will be done".

The King turned away to his head of guard and unheard by the pair in front of him whispered "Once we are out of sight take him to the pit of despair, do not return him to any port, is that clear?" a curt nod from the addressed man confirmed the order.

In this moment Harry turned to Louis and met the pain in his crystal blue eyes "I believed you were dead once, and it almost destroyed me. I know I would not bear it if you died again, not when I could save you." Louis froze and said nothing "let me protect you Lou." Harry's fingers grazed the shorter boy's cheek just as he was lifted from the ground and pulled onto a horse in front of the king.

Louis leant towards the receding touch. Watching as they left. He almost welcomed the harsh grip around his shoulders. Three men had stayed behind. The general, who had been taking the orders as well as two heavily armoured guards, he felt the shot to his head being lined up far before it was taken.

"Come on sir, shall we take you to your ship?" Louis smiled He knew he wasn't being taken back to the ship, but Harry didn't. "We are men of action general, lies do not become us." the man on the horse smiled, "well-spoken sailor,"

He gestured for the men behind Louis to cuff him, Louis watched the man's hand, "what is it?" The black leather gloved hand twitched out of Louis' view "you have six fingers on your right hand, someone I know was looking for you," The sharp blow to his head came as Louis expected, they had other plans for him, or they would have killed him.