13

The king (to be) sat in his office sharpening a blade, "Double the men on the gates, tonight." the man who had just arrived quickly dashed away just as Harry rushed in, "ah my dove, tonight we marry!" Harry scrunched his nose briefly in disgust tomorrow morning we shall be escorted to the entrance of Floren channel where every ship in my armada waits to accompany us on our honeymoon."

Harry stilled "Every ship but your four fastest you mean?"

The sticky-palmed man in front of him quickly lost the smug grin on his face "Every ship but your four fastest, the ones you sent?"

The other man paused for a second before realization poured into his features "yes of course, not those four, naturally."

They stood for a moment and steel came into Harry's eyes "You never sent them, don't bother lying anymore," he paused taking a deep breath "doesn't matter, Louis will come for me anyway."

The king (to be) shook his head "You're a silly boy."

He stormed to his desk, Harry tilted his head "Yes I am a silly boy for not having seen sooner," he quickly followed the fast-moving man to the desk "That you were nothing but a coward, with a heart full of fear."

"I would not say such things if I were you."

"Why not? You can't hurt me, Louis and I are tied together in a way you cannot track, not with a thousand bloodhounds. And you cannot break it, not with a thousand swords." Harry raised his voice and circled round the desk "and when I say you are a coward that is because you are the slimiest puniest weakling ever to crawl the earth."

Harry flinched as tight grip came harshly to his upper arm. He was dragged out the room roughly yelping from the pinch "you're hurting me."

"i. don't. care."

He was shoved hard into a room and the door was slammed behind him the distinctive sound of a key clunking in the lock and the tear of fabric as his shirt was caught. He was again wearing blue, but blue this time, a waistcoat and trousers in fine silk and a light flowing undershirt, now torn at the sleeve.

The footsteps away sounded angry and Harry finally felt fear.

The man stormed into the dungeon, marching across the room to where Louis was lying.

"You truly love eachother. So, you might have been truly happy, not one couple in a century has that chance, no matter what the story books say. So, no man will now suffer as much as you will."

"The machine works, yes?" the general nodded watching the movements of the man's cape. "Good, I have grown tired of your lovers snivelling. I will show him now what the consequences are of not choosing me." He marched over to the lever, pushing it up as far as it would go.

"Not to 50!" that was the last thing Louis heard before his mind blacked out with the pain that flowed through him, it felt as though a thousand needles were stabbing every part of his body, and despite his tattoos nothing could compare to this.