4

Harry had made decent progress when he felt a current pass his foot, he froze thrashing around in the water as he began to see the shadows moving underneath him.

 "You know what those are princess?" Harry shook his head wildly and mildly regretting his decision, "those are the shrieking eels" He smiled "They get excited when they are about to feed on human flesh."

Harry froze up but refused to give In to the thrashing water around him "Hear me out, just come back here and we can save you okay, none of us want you dead." Harry nodded and began to move towards the boat but saw an eel coming closer and closer to him he froze closing his eyes and waiting for the sharp impact but it never came, he was hauled over the edge of the boat he just lay there his chest heaving as he began to breathe regularly again, "thanks." Niall shrugged "You have nothing to thank us for, we got you into that mess,"

"Also, Zayn the boat is gaining on us, definitely in a tight follow," Zayn nodded "Keep moving we are almost there you can already see the cliffs."

Harry looked in the direction that the others were and spotted the towering wall of rock, to him it looked extremely intimidating, but he supposed there would be a way around it, he thought wrong. Harry was practically kicking himself for not staying with the eels when he spotted the rope that descended across the cliff face.

He had been attached into a harness around Liam's waist (as had Niall) and Liam had begun the climb while Zayn followed close behind. A small flicker of hope rose in Harry when he saw the ship that had been following them come into the small bay they had docked in. Niall spotted it too and alerted Zayn "no need to worry he will have to sail around for hours before he can dock there's no way that he can climb these cliffs and anyways we are way ahead of him."

Harry grinned as he spotted the figure all dressed in black begin to scale the rope far beneath them, maybe he had a fighting chance this way, Niall gasped "he is climbing the rope! And he is gaining on us?" Zayn looked down "that's impossible,"

"Liam go faster." Liam grumbled but sped up his climb "that's not much faster." Liam huffed "well I have two people to carry" Harry almost laughed at their banter as he watched the dark figure continue to climb- he was gaining on the group and quickly.

Harry was knocked out of his thoughts as he got roughly pulled over the edge of the cliff face and freed from the harness Zayn jumped over the edge with ease and immediately ran to the rope that was still supporting the dark figure.

He pulled a sharp dagger from his pocket and began to saw through the fine strands until it began to snap and fray. Harry watched in dismay as the rope broke and went flying over the edge, Niall and Liam headed over to the edge and looked down, while Harry held his breath.

The dark stranger was held to the cliff side on a small ledge, Liam nodded approvingly "he's got good arms doesn't he, gee."

Niall nodded "well not in comparison to you of course," Liam rolled his eyes and Zayn joined them at the edge "he didn't fall?" the two shook their heads "well I can see that, Simon's gonna have our heads".

Niall gasped "oh look! He's climbing maybe he could join us" Zayn sighed "no Niall, he has seen us with the princess so unfortunately according to the rules he has to die,"

Niall sighed "shame I'm growing to like him"

"anyways Liam, Carry Princess over there, Niall you stay and catch up when he's dead- if he falls fine if not use your sword," Niall nodded "I'll have to duel him left handed," he joked as he watched Liam, Zayn and Harry disappear over the castle ruins.