8

Both fell a foot apart, lying on their backs at the foot of the steep slope, Louis scooted over to Harry and wrapped one arm around his waist and one under his neck to support his head as he pulled him up into a sitting position, never wanting to let go "Can you move at all my flower," Louis asked gentle with the boy he hadnt held for so long, he got no response but instead an uttered "Move? you're alive if you want I could fly."

Harry wrapped his arms tightly around the smaller boy and tucking his head into his shoulder, the mask had come off in their tumble down the hill so Harry could now comb through the slightly ruffled feathery hair and run his thumbs over the jawline that now had light stubble on it.

Louis did the same Harry had only grown more beautiful over the time they hadnt spent together, the both just lay there in the grass holding eachother, running fingertips over new features and changes, Harry gasped "Louis you got a tattoo, that's illegal!"

Louis grinned "but you like it." Harry narrowed his eyes "but it's illegal," Louis pulled him up and held back the edge of his shirt so Harry could see the healed inscription across his chest "It is what it is." Harry smiled slightly and traced the ink with a gentle finger the cool rings on his hands contrasting to Louis' warm skin.

Harry giggled and pulled Louis into another hug "I told you you would like it." Harry playfully hit his arm "That does not mean you should have done it!"

Louis shrugged "there's more where that came from."

"Lou!" Louis shut him up with a quick kiss grinning when the boy gasped in mock offense but still grabbed the back of his neck to pull him down so he could kiss him again softly "I love you Lou".

Louis smiled eyes crinkling "I love you too my sweet flower, but we have to go now, you've gotten yourself a marriage to dodge." Harry groaned and let Louis pull him to his feet, "like the new look by the way, very hot." Harry blushed a furious shade of pink and crossed his arms "Don't try to match you shirt love, let's go,"

Harry took Louis' hand and followed him down the small ravine until Harry spotted a tangle of vines "Louis we are not going into the fire swamp." Louis shrugged "we are."

"no one has ever made it out of there alive."

Again Louis dismissed it with a wave "they only say that because no one ever has that doesn't mean we won't," Harry sighed "well the odds aren't really in our favour here statistically."

Louis dismissed it again "it'll be fine, no one's ever made it out because I've never been in you can't know until you've tried it," Harry gave up and succumbed to Louis pulling him in "if I die it's your fault."

Louis smiles "If you think I'm going to let you go again that quickly you are lying to yourself."

They stepped into the dark space, the canopy was thick and cut out most light as well as long hanging vines that trailed down to head height brushing you as you made your way past, at every single noise Harry held tighter to Louis' arm, in all fairness he wasn't the one with a sword "you scared love?"

Harry have him a look "No definitely not, you've only taken me into a place that humans don't generally come out from alive or come out from at all for that matter".

"But you've got me so you'll be fine, are you doubting my newfound skills?" Harry chuckled in a slightly demented way "I would never sweetheart Just no more killer swamps please?" Louis tucked Harry's loose curl behind his ear "Promise."

The two stopped for a second to take in their surroundings Louis nodded to himself "it's not that bad." Harry looked at him in disbelief "what! I'm not saying I would build a summer home here, but the trees are actually quite lovely." He turned to Harry who again gave him a disapproving look and raised an eyebrow, Louis shrugged, continuing through the forest.