NANAMI KENTO fashion boss

A/N Inspired by "The Devil Wears Prada"

YOU WORKED FOR a fashion magazine that millions of people would die to work for. "Reverie", the most trending and popular fashion magazine in the world.

You could say you died for this job, because you had no personal life. You hadn't any friends outside of work, neither did you have time outside of it. But you didn't care—because fashion was your life. You wouldn't rather do anything else.

You worked as the fashion editor, being the person who chooses what themes the company would do, along with planning the photo shoots and giving your opinions to the chief-in-staff. The chief in staff; Nanami Kento. He was probably the most feared person in the company, both from his pressuring aura to his stern personality. He was the boss of Reverie.

Reverie would have been nothing without him. He knew what was fashionable and wasn't, but to a different extent. He chose what was in season. He made fashion.

There were only a few people in the company who he tolerated—the first person being you. Nobody understood the way his brain worked like you. You spoke for him so he wouldn't have to, and you took a load off his shoulders.

Another person he tolerated was Zenin Maki, an extremely intense and beautiful girl, who was his head assistant. She was strong witted and did her job better than every secretary in the world. Kugisaki Nobara was the second assistant, and the two worked like two peas in a pod.

Then came Itadori Yuuji. He was young and energetic, which went well with his job as the public relations professional. He made the call when it came to which brands and models would be sponsored.

Working close with Itadori would be Fushiguro Megumi, the accounts manager. After Itadori chose which brands would be sponsored, Megumi would make sure that the clients were actually doing their jobs. The two were best friends, which was a miracle because of how different their personalities were.

The face of the magazine was none other than Gojo Satoru, who was voted as one of the top 10 most handsome men in the world. He was tall, lean, and flawless. It's like every piece of clothing was made for him to wear. And as much as Nanami couldn't stand his childish personality, there was no one else he would ever work with.

Always with the model was his stylist, Geto Suguru. Nanami would choose what was acceptable for the magazine and fashion shows, then Suguru would narrow it down to what would look good on Satoru. It was a two-for-one deal, because nobody knew what looked good on Gojo more than his stylist.

Even though you were the person who could be considered the closest with Nanami, your personality wasn't the same as his. He was quiet, stubborn, and indifferent. You were sarcastic, expressive, and verbal. Because of your job, you had no time for anybody, which is why you came off as rude. Sometimes.

Everything in the company was fine. You did the job you loved everyday, and nobody got in your way. That was, until you were informed you were getting an assistant editor.

You walked in your Jimmy Choos, wearing a black pencil skirt with a white off shoulder tight knit sweater, exposing your collar bones. Complimenting your naked neck was a set of pearls, matching your dangle earrings. Giving you warmth in the cold winter day was your black coat that hid your clothes underneath, the length to your thighs, just below your pencil skirt.

You wore black tights to warm your exposed legs, and a beret to top it off. You knew you looked good, and the sway of your hips said that. Plus, if you didn't look good, Nanami would be upset.

Coming in dull brown loafers wasn't an option. Everybody working there had to look like they were on their way to a runway show in Paris. That was an unwritten rule the company had. It sprouted from the only important one—satisfy Nanami Kento.

You walked through the doors of the building, shoes clacking against the marble floor. You eyed some people on the way to the elevator, making sure nothing was out of place. Nanami hadn't arrived yet.

You got in the elevator, smiling when Itadori entered after you with a coffee. "Morning, Yuuji. Rare to see you this early in the morning." You commented. He looked tired, and you took note of that. "Something happen?"

He let out a groan. "Swarovski doesn't want to lend us their diamond necklace for the show next month, so I'm on my way to Fushiguro's office because we had a contract for that necklace." He mumbled, and you sent him a pitied look.

He then glanced at you. "Love your outfit, by the way." He added. You jokingly flipped your hair, showing him your shoulder. "Thanks, babe." The elevator opened, and you exited off your floor, saying your goodbyes to the pink haired male.

"Finally!" You heard. You turned your head to see Nobara, who was waiting outside of your office. You raised an eyebrow, passing by her and into your office. She followed after you, looking rushed.

She was new to the company, and to fashion itself, but she was trying, and that's all that mattered. "Uh, Maki said that I need the- shit, what was it? The, the-" She rambled on, looking in different directions to try and remember.

Calmly, you grabbed the paper bag off of your desk, cutting her off by handing them her. "The blouses from Valentino?" You finished for her, eyebrows raised. There was a beat, before she let out a sigh. "You're getting there." You told her, before shooing her off.

She turned to leave, when her phone went off. She quickly answered it. "Yes, Maki? What? Yes, I got the blouses. I'm on my way now. I- What?" She yelled, and you cautiously turned to her. You knew that tone.

It meant Nanami was here. Without saying another word, she hung up, groaning in frustration before literally dashing towards the elevator. You took off your coat and beret, grabbing the book of monstrosity. In other words, the mocks of outfits you were sent from Urai, a "fashion designer" from Clair, a luxury brand for the fashion show next month that Itadori was talking about.

You also grabbed a roll of paper of an outfit you had thought up, which you were sure he would like. Stepping outside of your office, you observed the chaos around you. It was the norm, so with your items in had, you walked to the elevator.

Getting off at his floor, you noticed Maki calling somebody, while Nobara was aggressively typing something into her computer. "Hey." You greeted the green haired girl quickly, before glancing at Kugisaki, who had different shoes on, now.

"Thank you for changing your shoes. They were hideous." You quickly said, walking through the open door to his office, which was a privilege you had. You paid no mind to the stranger standing in his office, only sparing the girl a glance before finding your spot next to Nanami.

"You won't believe these blueprints. I asked for Queen Anne dresses and they gave me everything but that. It clashes with the necklace." You complained, dropping the book on his desk, flipping through the pages.

He quietly skimmed his eyes through the pages, a finger on his lips which meant he was paying attention. You were smart, but when these problems arose, Nanami found the solution to it. "And these colors. They're trying to sabotage me." You murmured under your breath.

He tilted his head, which signaled he made a decision. "Let's go with halter straps. Maki." He called, his voice booming through the office. "Halter straps. Beautiful." You wrote it down.

Maki walked in the office, and Nanami glanced towards her. "Move the run through to eleven o'clock today. I hate these colors." She nodded, not saying a word, before walking back out. "Also, what do you think?" You unrolled the piece of paper, the stranger still awkwardly standing in the room.

Nanami took one look, and nodded. Approval.

"But I think-" He started, but you beat him to it. "Too much on the wrists? I thought so too, but it follows this line." You traced across the paper, and he hummed. "Then let's tone the belt down." He added, and you nodded, grabbing your stuff.