GETO SUGURU cat 2

IF THERE WAS one thing you noticed about this cat, it was that it-or he had separation anxiety. You knew that from the second you stepped in your home, when his claws were stubbornly attached to your sweater when you tried to put him down.

You nonetheless got him off of you, placing him on the floor. It didn't matter, because he was following you around the house, swerving between your legs and causing you to nearly trip a couple of times. You kept your patience, laughing every now and then.

"I know, I know. You're hungry, right?" You poured some of the canned food into a small glass bowl you had, setting it on the floor near your foot. Immediately, he started chugging it down.

Your heart ached as you watched the scene. He must've been starving. He didn't seem unhealthy, and actually look well-fed. He wasn't a kitten either, so you were wondering why he suddenly got thrown out.

The cat had great behavior, and was one of the cuddliest, nicest cats you've come across. When the cat was done with his food, he went right back to nuzzling his head into your leg, and you smiled at the sight.

You heard the strange myths about how black cats brought bad luck, but you didn't believe it. In fact, you felt like meeting him today was good luck; it was a touch of fate. Because of him, you almost forgot about how you caught your boyfriend cheating on you.

You didn't have work tomorrow, so you decided to go to the pet shop you work at and buy a few supplies as a customer; you got a discount because you worked there.

The cat got on his hind legs, paws against your legs as it meowed, looked up at you. You cooed, picking him up. You didn't care if you were spoiling him-in fact, you loved spoiling him.

You left a soft kiss to his nose, rocking him as you walked towards your room. You decided it was time to take a shower, so you grabbed your things from your room with one hand, heading towards the bathroom.

You looked down at him, his black orbs staring into you. "Alright, wait here." You placed him down in front of the bathroom, slipping inside. The cat tried to follow you, and you quickly stopped him with your hand.

"I'll be right back, I swear. I won't leave you." You tried to reason, knowing damn well he can't understand what you were saying. The cat meowed loudly, as if protesting against what you were saying.

You smiled, quickly petting his head, before closing the door shut. Almost immediately, the cat started meowing outside of the door. Alright, then. You would just have to take a shower as quick as you could.

Even while taking a shower, your black cat was the only thing on your mind. Hurrying as quick as you could, you stepped out of the shower in 10 minutes, concerned when you didn't hear him meowing outside of the door. After changing into your pajamas, you opened the door and frowned when he wasn't there.

You looked in the hall, the house dead quiet. You opened your mouth to call his name, when you realize you hadn't given him one. A shaky breath left your lips. It was a small apartment, you could find him. You went to your living room, eyes scanning across the room.

You checked under your couch, between furniture, and after deeming he wasn't there, you went to your room next. A big weight was lifted off your shoulders when you saw him cuddled on your bed, snuggling himself into a pile of your clothes, sleeping.

You let out a sigh of relief, gently scooping him up. He awoke quickly, alarmed, baring his teeth to hiss, but stopped himself when he realized it was you, his claws letting go of your laundry.

"We should pick a name for you." You said to him, bouncing him in your arms as you went back to the living room, sitting down on the couch and turning on the TV. "How about," you dragged out the last word, thinking.

"Kuro?" As if saying ew, he turned his head away from you, and you frowned. "Alright, not that. Then," Your eyes flickered to the TV. They were doing a game show, asking people on the streets if they knew how to read difficult kanji.

You raised your eyebrows. "Oh, I know how to read that one." You nudged your cat, pointing to the TV. He turned his head towards the screen. "Suguru. It means excellent." You told him. What a fucking loser, having a conversation with a cat.

But, he meowed, and turned his head, his beady eyes staring up at you. "Suguru?" You repeated, and he meowed again. Smiling at the confirmation, you decided his name for him. "Alright, Suguru." You didn't care how much of a non-cat name it was, because he seemed to like it.

You hugged him tight, burying your face into his fur, seeking comfort in him from all you lost earlier that day. You stayed that way for who knows how long, but he let you, purring occasionally.

"I love you, Suguru." You murmured into his fur. You had just met the cat, but you didn't care. Your words had hidden meaning-don't leave me. The cat meowed in response. You lifted your head, a sad smile on your lips.

You pressed a quick, firm kiss to the side of his head, before turning off the TV. It was late enough, and you decided you were going to sleep. Dragging your feet to your bed, never letting go of Suguru, you turned off all the lights, before collapsing into your bed.

You only now realized how tired you were, both physically and mentally. Kicking your feet under the covers, you laid on your side, Suguru curiously sniffing at your face. You laughed, scratching the top of his head.

"Goodnight, Suguru." You said, yawning as you said so. The last thing you remembered was Suguru licking your nose, before you fell into a dark abyss.